BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
The mrs 1 series washer jets seem to work for about a second before nothing comes out of the nozzles. The nozzles aren’t blocked, I can hear the pump whirring, there’s fluid in the reservoir and if I disconnect at the jet end and blow I can hear bubbles in the tank so I’m assuming no blockages. Could this be the clogged up motor issue? She’s previously used a bit of tap water rather than putting in the correct stuff.

I assume wheel and arch liner off to get to it all to clean it out?

Soldato
The mrs 1 series washer jets seem to work for about a second before nothing comes out of the nozzles. The nozzles aren’t blocked, I can hear the pump whirring, there’s fluid in the reservoir and if I disconnect at the jet end and blow I can hear bubbles in the tank so I’m assuming no blockages. Could this be the clogged up motor issue? She’s previously used a bit of tap water rather than putting in the correct stuff.

I assume wheel and arch liner off to get to it all to clean it out?

have a good google on the subject. it is a very common problem. i used a long rubber hose to sook out the remaining fluid and flushed it with water before putting in bmw screenwash.

Soldato
I haven't just driven both, I've owned 3 M cars (e92, e39 F10) and now own a tesla model 3 SR+

The model 3 is genuinely a good steer just as good as any 3 Series.

The only reason the M3 would be more rewarding is the drama which most people who own the car as a daily barely get to use.

Interesting comparison as i own an e92 M3 and i'm looking at going to a model 3 (performance of course), as i reckon theres not much in it. I'm looking at it from the point of spending 3 grand a year on fuel, to saving that (and more due to reduced maintenance). When i go and look i'll be driving my car so i'll be able to do a back to back comparison. I suspect theres not a lot in it, despite what people claim on here. I'm expecting it to be less sporty, but possibly not noticeable unless hammering it.

Soldato
Interesting comparison as i own an e92 M3 and i'm looking at going to a model 3 (performance of course), as i reckon theres not much in it. I'm looking at it from the point of spending 3 grand a year on fuel, to saving that (and more due to reduced maintenance). When i go and look i'll be driving my car so i'll be able to do a back to back comparison. I suspect theres not a lot in it, despite what people claim on here. I'm expecting it to be less sporty, but possibly not noticeable unless hammering it.

When you do the maths, you're literally spending THOUSANDS more every year on an inferior car. It doesn't really make much sense.

Associate
If a model 3 had 100 miles more range I would likely have got one. I have too many clients who are 300-350 mile round trips and whilst that's within the nominal range, its too close for my liking and the thought of having to stop every time I do those trips, adding to an already long day, does not appeal. Assuming they can get up to a 400 mile real world range I will almost certainly go electric on the next change.

Soldato
If a model 3 had 100 miles more range I would likely have got one. I have too many clients who are 300-350 mile round trips and whilst that's within the nominal range, its too close for my liking and the thought of having to stop every time I do those trips, adding to an already long day, does not appeal. Assuming they can get up to a 400 mile real world range I will almost certainly go electric on the next change.
You wont even get quoted range.
Think 160 for the SR and 250 for the LR

Another alternative is that the Model 3 is actually a good place to spend time, when charging, put the heater on relax and watch a movie. The sound experience makes it like a cinema.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I can sit in my 5 series and watch a wide-screen movie with Logic 7 Surround Sound.

But I don't, as watching TV in the car seems like something that might have been fun aged 19 in McDonald's carpark.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Isn’t his whole point that if you got caught short and we’re charging up at a supercharger, it has a nice bonus of having a good movie screen and of course being an EV on charge can stay warm while parked?

I don’t think he is suggesting that you sit in your car at home and watch a film....

Soldato
Isn’t his whole point that if you got caught short and we’re charging up at a supercharger, it has a nice bonus of having a good movie screen and of course being an EV on charge can stay warm while parked?

I don’t think he is suggesting that you sit in your car at home and watch a film....

exactly the car has been designed around people may be sitting in there for reasons other than transporting themselves hence why the sound system is much better than most others I’ve used apart from ones fitted to an xj and panamera.

there’s also some games that you can play.

sometimes you may be waiting in the car for a ferry for example or crossing the Chunnel so I just watched some Netflix on there too:

Back
Top Bottom