• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Ryzen 9 3950X review thread

Associate
Sorry if there is already a thread for this but since a few days I also have the 3950x.

I liked some help with ccx overclock. It's only for gaming heavy cpu games like battlefield v. At this moment I have with 1.286 volts a ccx overclock with 4.4 ghz, 4.4 ghz, 4.3 ghz and 4.2 ghz. I like to go higher but I am worried about the voltage (degradation) to go over 1.3 volts. Do you guys have ani suggestions? Is there any reason to be worried about voltage when games only use max 30 a 40% cpu usage. So a higher voltage isn't that bad?

So only for these kind of games I like to have the best ccx settings without degradation the cpu with higher voltage. My ram is at his limiet, no tuning in there only cpu.

Thx a lot I appreciate.

Soldato
Sorry if there is already a thread for this but since a few days I also have the 3950x.

I liked some help with ccx overclock. It's only for gaming heavy cpu games like battlefield v. At this moment I have with 1.286 volts a ccx overclock with 4.4 ghz, 4.4 ghz, 4.3 ghz and 4.2 ghz. I like to go higher but I am worried about the voltage (degradation) to go over 1.3 volts. Do you guys have ani suggestions? Is there any reason to be worried about voltage when games only use max 30 a 40% cpu usage. So a higher voltage isn't that bad?

So only for these kind of games I like to have the best ccx settings without degradation the cpu with higher voltage. My ram is at his limiet, no tuning in there only cpu.

Thx a lot I appreciate.

Id just wait a few weeks for this new 1usmus tool. Have you benched the games at stock compared to overclocked? By default my 3950x sits at 4250 when gaming on the cores, or a bit higher for single core games like battlefield, around 4.4 - you might find youre not actually getting any benefit from overclocking anyway.

Soldato

Thx a lot I appreciate.
Unless your playing at 1080p and are CPU bound I doubt you will notice a difference in frame rate and even then a 100mhz would only equate to a couple of FPS.

Associate
Id just wait a few weeks for this new 1usmus tool. Have you benched the games at stock compared to overclocked? By default my 3950x sits at 4250 when gaming on the cores, or a bit higher for single core games like battlefield, around 4.4 - you might find youre not actually getting any benefit from overclocking anyway.

Thx for the reply. At default I have a suspicious it's uses way to much voltage. With manual overclock I can control that.

But do you know if a 100% loaded cpu with high voltage (cinebench) has more effect on the degradation of a cpu then a 30% loaded cpu with high voltage (gaming)?

Soldato
Thx for the reply. At default I have a suspicious it's uses way to much voltage. With manual overclock I can control that.

But do you know if a 100% loaded cpu with high voltage (cinebench) has more effect on the degradation of a cpu then a 30% loaded cpu with high voltage (gaming)?

Thats the way Ryzen works though. No idea regarding degredation but certainly when i tried overclocking mine, the heat of an all core overclock was way more than leaving it on auto.

Back
Top Bottom