why all the hate for hs2?

Soldato
Make Slough and Stoke-on-Trent worth living in then... get the government to invest in it. You can make anything a garden if you actually care and put the effort in.
Did you read the links above that jpaul posted? They are worth living in - that is literally the point. Things are improving a lot, partly due to good rail links/timetables.

Caporegime
It's hardly about it being competitive, it's about the political handshake that occurs, what do they want in return other than being paid?

I suspect it might have something to do with the seemingly anal desire from the Tories to expand the surveillance state.

Caporegime
Looks like Boris and the Chinese read my earlier post as it’s being reported today the government are talking to the Chinese about building HS2. The Chinese say they could build the lot in 5 years and at a much lower price. Give it to the Chinese Boris, they will do a better job.

Thing is though is that estimate based on their experience in China with minima health and safety regs and a small army of worker drones being paid well below UK min wage.

Caporegime
Why do some people have to turn every thread into a Brexit thread, no matter what the subject?

I guess they have to keep on mentioning it because otherwise people will not even think about it and just get on with their lives... since it doesn't seem to all be doom and gloom after all.

Capodecina
Soldato
Thing is though is that estimate based on their experience in China with minimal health and safety regs and a small army of worker drones being paid well below UK min wage.
I imagine that the Chinese don't have to put up with tiresome people who don't want to move out of their homes, NIMBYs and concerns about wildlife and the environment ;)

Caporegime
I guess they have to keep on mentioning it because otherwise people will not even think about it and just get on with their lives... since it doesn't seem to all be doom and gloom after all.

We haven't left, so such statements are futile.

But this isn't the thread.

Soldato
A source for what? Chinese H&S standards? Lack of min wage in China? Are you unaware of that or something?

Thing is though is that estimate based on their experience in China with minima health and safety regs and a small army of worker drones being paid well below UK min wage.

The above was your assessment which is nothing more than your opinion. I don't see any evidence that is how they would operate in the UK. Aren't they already involved building our new nuclear reactors?

Soldato
but he's right you've got to remember why the governments is entertaining the idea, like with the huawei installation; will their nuclear reactors soon be back on the menu too ?, maybe it is a double bluff for the proles.

Caporegime
The above was your assessment which is nothing more than your opinion. I don't see any evidence that is how they would operate in the UK. Aren't they already involved building our new nuclear reactors?

Where did I say they'd operate like that in the UK - perhaps you want to re-read my posts?

Do you think their estimate for this massive project is likely an accurate one?

Man of Honour
The Chinese would arrive and realise that we have strict H&S standards, a plethora of complex land usage rules and that you can drag your heels while lining your pocket whilst receiving no punishment.

Back
Top Bottom