The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Associate
I returned my Fuji 16-80mm lens as I wasn't overly happy with the sharpness especially at the wide end where I will use it the most, I then discovered a 20% discount code for Park Cameras on another forum so alongside the £180 cashback offer ended up grabbing a brand new 16-55mm for £585.... its bigger and heavier but to me it feels comfortable and looking forward to having a single lens with no need to switch primes while I am out hiking (keeping the 27mm pancake to stay paired with the X-T20 for a compact option).

wJifYHt.jpg

Soldato
My x-pro 2 turned up this morning refurbished from fujifilm, didn't even have chance to open it and was contacted by the landlord saying he wanted to sell the house. If anyone wants to buy it for what i paid im happy to put on MM otherwise i will just return it.

ZFd7S8Hl.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
It only arrived tonight so haven’t tried it out yet, unfortunately the 20% discount at Park Cameras is finished now.

I got very very lucky as I added the camera to my basket on my mobile then never purchased having second thoughts, the next day jumped on my desktop and found out the deal had finished at midnight.... checked my phone and it was still in the basket and luckily the sale still went through.

Soldato
Just chopped in my a77ii, a6000 and APS-C lenses for:
S/H a99ii
S/H Sony Zeiss 24-70 za
And a S/H flash gun to go with it.

Already own the Sony 70400, which should go nicely on the a99ii

Caporegime
A7R Mk 4, RX100 Mk 7. Needed them.

camerastuff.jpg

Lies :p

Associate
Heading to Iceland next month, managed to grab this used off Wex for £450 (absolutely mint) to stay put on my X-T20 while my X-T3 has the 16-55mm, hopefully it comes in useful.....

pfIJoFi.jpg

Associate
I've been using the Tamron 28-75 since it was launched, and it has been brilliant so far. But I'd really love to get hold of this lens instead.

I was thinking about getting the G Master but I think they will probably announce a new version this year.

At half the price of the G Master this lens is a bargain in comparison.

Associate
im an early adopter so i got the GM one when it came out

Dont get me wrong I proably would have went G-Master 24-70mm but I didnt want to spend £1800 for a lens I think will recive an update shortly, its almost 4 years old so for now the Sigma makes far more sense.

I really want the 16-35mm GM that lens lookings amazing.

Had a test with the Sigma 24-70mm yesterday and I have to say im really impressed with it.

Associate
The 24-70 gm is a dreadful lens for the money. I’ve had two copies and been disappointed with both. The 24-105 is better imo but I’m tempted to try the sigma.

And

And

Associate
The [Sony] 24-105 G is a good lens, I use that and the Canon 16-35 F4 [with Sigma MC-11] for landscapes. If I'm shooting in the 24-35 range, and I do like that field of view, I'll use the Canon lens though, it's the one bit of Canon kit I won't sell.

Back
Top Bottom