Caroline Flack RIP

Man of Honour
Just saw this. Absolutely shocked. Wasn’t a fan of her, but geez. Following a pupil doing the same in my wife’s school recently I don’t know what to say other than social media is a curse on society and our media should be ashamed of themselves.

Man of Honour
Long history of her being a domestic abuser to multiple partners, awaiting trial for hospitalising her last partner.

Can't help but think there's a huge double standard at play that anyone gives her any sympathy at all.

It never takes long for the typical GD crap to strike. She obviously had mental health issues, but I don’t think death is the accepted societal solution to deal with this.

Caporegime
Just saw this. Absolutely shocked. Wasn’t a fan of her, but geez. Following a pupil doing the same in my wife’s school recently I don’t know what to say other than social media is a curse on society and our media should be ashamed of themselves.

Ashamed? No. This is merely an opportunity to sell more 'news', they really don't care and neither does the public that will forget in a few days what even happened, before buying the same ****** rag due to some baiting headline that neatly conforms to their grievances, or god forbid checking their ad-ridden digital articles in a similar manner.

Caporegime
Not really. I don't wish death on anyone, no matter what they've done. Being driven to kill herself is something I can sympathize with, regardless of what she'd done to purportedly deserve being put in that position

Edit: also, there was a huge outpouring of grief only a few weeks ago for Kobe,an alleged rapist. What double standard are you alluding to?

People wrongly give Kobe the benefit of the doubt, but people do that for people they loved or respected for decades before they found out something bad about them, Flack was just a marginally famous D-list celeb no one ever cared about or was heavily invested in. The comparison is ridiculous.

Put it this way, if Flack never did anything wrong and was well liked and if Kobe never did anything wrong, how their deaths would be responded to would be absolutely night and day anyway. There are reasons, bad reasons, but still reasons people overlooked what Kobe did, none of the same reasons apply to Flack at all.

If some other barely liked d-lister man who went after seriously young female celebs and beat them up died, the response wouldn't be "oh no, such a shame" in the same way.

Soldato
I only know her from her bludgeoning her partner over the head while he slept, but she obviously had some major problems and didn't have the help she needed. ITV should probably take a good look at themselves, apparently she's the third person from the show Love Island that has taken their life?

Caporegime
I only know her from her bludgeoning her partner over the head while he slept, but she obviously had some major problems and didn't have the help she needed. ITV should probably take a good look at themselves, apparently she's the third person from the show Love Island that has taken their life?

Why should ITV look at itself? It's the public that consumes it.

Caporegime
You could say exactly the same thing about tabloid newspapers.

I'm just saying it as a matter of fact really, clearly it's not relevant to the fact that ITV is pursuing an immoral and unethical product for profit.

But realistically, why people find anything at all interesting about these sorts of shows... is just an indictment of the education system, so telling ITV to wise up is almost certainly a waste of time. Doesn't mean we can't try, even if it's just a warning at the start of the program or with regards to the rags, I personally support full front page retractions/apologies for any mistakes or misleading/misinforming articles.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm just saying it as a matter of fact really, clearly it's not relevant to the fact that ITV is pursuing an immoral and unethical product for profit.

But realistically why people find anything at all interesting about these shows is just an indictment of the education system.
'The education system', as in ours? You do realise that these 'reality' shows rotate the same islands/jungles/whatever and show them in loads of other countries and languages?

Back
Top Bottom