Anyone else feeling left out these days when it comes to new movies and tv shows?

Permabanned
I mean I used to watch a lot of stuff everynight " over the internet " but for over a year now there just seems to be hardly anything worth while. It's as if the people who used to make the movie and tv shows I liked have retired and it's all young ones just out of uni with no life experience making it all now....do you know what i mean? just feeling a void in entertainment these days. Last show i was told to check out was The Stranger on Netflix but that sucked like everything else these days.

Soldato
Exact opposite for me, just turned 40 and more that I want to watch than I can even keep up with and that's with not really watching the overly popular stuff.

Man of Honour
TV shows that hold my attention or are even content I like do seem fewer and further between these days and even ones that aren't bad I seem to only watch 2-3 episodes and forget about :(

So many TV shows these days I find completely ruined by inappropriate insertion of social justice issues or are like the script was written by a 5 year old hopped up on sugar.

Soldato
So far I've still got epic TV like Chernobyl to watch after seeing things like the Witcher, The Boys, Stranger Things S3, Mindhunter etc - I'm running out of hours in the day to keep up with all the TV and Films I want to see plus still have a social life :D

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I mean I used to watch a lot of stuff everynight " over the internet " but for over a year now there just seems to be hardly anything worth while. It's as if the people who used to make the movie and tv shows I liked have retired and it's all young ones just out of uni with no life experience making it all now....do you know what i mean? just feeling a void in entertainment these days. Last show i was told to check out was The Stranger on Netflix but that sucked like everything else these days.
You mean you've burned through all the AAA stuff and/or the niche stuff you're interested in, and are left without stuff to watch in a time when content is obscenely abundant?

It's just you.

Soldato
Opposite for me. I'm 37

I stopped watching TV for the most part in the mid-late 2000s, there was just nothing really doing it for me. And trying to make sure I was available, and actually remembered, to watch something at the same time every week just didn't work.

Got Amazon Prime about 5 years ago, then Netflix a year later, and found tonnes of great content, and able to watch at times that suit me

Permabanned
Yea i rewatch older stuff as i feel the same i spent like £80 on boxsets this week. Only fools and horses, Father Ted, Red Dwarf, Blackadder and It aint half hot mum.

Does me fine, There is like 19 discs just on the only fools boxset alone!

You mean you've burned through all the AAA stuff and/or the niche stuff you're interested in, and are left without stuff to watch in a time when content is obscenely abundant?

It's just you.
i disagree. i'm also finding it to be the same situation, though not an issue for as i've lately been filling the time with sports clubs and enjoying this far more any way.

i have a cinema monthly pass that years ago i could use 2/3 times a week, now i rarely find i use it 3 times a month, and for most months, out of the 3/4 films i go see, almost all are disappointing and i only watched because i have the pass and want to make the most of it, and in some ways i still enjoy watching a bad movie if it's a movie of significance e.g. an oscar nominated movie.

series i'm currently watching nothing. nothing i'm finding interesting, yet series can be the best way to watch something as you get far more time than a movie to enjoy the characters, but there's nothing of real value it feels, just so much "ok" stuff.

Friends finished what, 20 years ago, and there's nothing since that's close to it.

shows like lost, game of thrones, that knew they were about the characters more than anything were so great.

fez

fez

Caporegime
The only answer to this is that you are putting in 0 effort or you are stuck on tv/films from a specific era and don't enjoy anything else. The last decade has been a golden age for TV. Someone posted the same thing as this is the console games forum a while ago and the takeaway was that they basically haven't playing most of the best games and had put 0 effort into finding good content but just wanted to have a grumpy old man whinge.

Soldato
TV shows that hold my attention or are even content I like do seem fewer and further between these days and even ones that aren't bad I seem to only watch 2-3 episodes and forget about :(

So many TV shows these days I find completely ruined by inappropriate insertion of social justice issues or are like the script was written by a 5 year old hopped up on sugar.

I agree with both points on this. It seems to have passed now, but around 12 months ago everything seemed to include LGBT stuff in a very over the top way as if they were trying to be edgy and prove it was diverse.

We also watch a few episodes and then forget, i think because if something doesn't grab you in that amount of time you know there'll be something else that will because of the sheer volume of shows.

Back
Top Bottom