How much data do you use?

Soldato
I did have a 20gb allowance with EE and was surprised two months running that I got text's saying I'd used 20% of this... which I realised coincided with my taking my MacBook to work and tethering. Damn, that thing burns through data even when I don't think I'm doing anything! For £5 more I stepped up to a 100gb allowance (now £25).

Two months ago I used 29gb, last month 9gb and this month 7gb half way in. Considering how cheap it is, I'm happy to have a 100gb available, but doubt I will ever need more than half of that.

For me it's not that I try and always be on WiFi because in reality the speed difference doesn't really show unless you're downloading a movie or something. For me it's more about I have a PC and a nice TV, so I have no need to stream things to my phone. I don't like/need to watch stuff while out and about.

The thread is a little pointless though, as everybody's needs and uses are so different...

Soldato
I normally don't use all that much but the Wifi I get at my current house is awful and is restricted so I use my mobile phone tethered to my laptop for all my data. I can easily go through 100GB a month downloading games and watching videos. I also download Linux ISO images fairly regularly as I use Linux a lot for work. I have unlimited data on Vodafone but I'm not happy with the speed. I'd be happier to have limited data if the speed was better.

Associate
I use around 750gb a month with three sim via tplink 4g router paying £6.00 600 minutes/Unlimited text Unlimited data.
(Virgin broadband cancelled)

Iphone 11 pro using around 70gb a month paying £2.00 200 minutes/Unlimited text Unlimited data.

https://ibb.co/GFMVMKP

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
My package is 40GB a month for the equiv of £14 a month on EE 4G. I use a large chunk of that (18-25GB) each month as I tether to the car's Android stereo for youtube/Spotify and also Spotify at the highest quality to and from the walks to work. Most of my usage is from instagram and other media though.

Caporegime
I know it's almost pointless, I suppose I wanted to see what the average usage was. Trying to decide if it's worth paying extra for more

an even more pointless question.

do you need more? then yes it's worth paying for.

if you don't need more then would be stupid to pay for more unless you are close to the limit or use it for business.

like i said before i use around 100mb a month. i have wifi at work and home

Soldato
an even more pointless question.

do you need more? then yes it's worth paying for.

if you don't need more then would be stupid to pay for more unless you are close to the limit or use it for business.

like i said before i use around 100mb a month. i have wifi at work and home

This

Better to get a pay as you go. Then see how you go. Buy a contract according

Soldato
Link to deal? £2 a month?

Must be £20

I just got a virgin sin only deal (already a virgin customer) 15gb and what not for £15 or they offered 5gb for £3. should have took the £3 really but I thought 'just in case'

Ive been on 3 for year. I was paying £8 a month for 4gb but I was always at the limit. I had a cap up only hit that once in 12 months.

If anyone is after a sim only deal look on Quidco and thank me later :D

Associate
I used 5Gb max a month, sometimes much less.

If you don't need 5G I have been using Smarty (referral link) runs on the three network, cheap and its rolling month, I pay £13 for 8Gb but they pay back a £1 a Gb for unused data, so pretty muc only been paying 7 a month for what I need most of they time, it is pretty cool. the non pay back tariffs aren't bad also 10 for 30, 15 for 50 and 20 for unlimited.

There is also a Sky mobile thing in this forum Here that is pretty cracking, ties you in for a year though but it saves any unused data in piggybank for 3 yrs for you to use when you hit the odd peak time like holidays.

Last edited:
Associate
I use around 750gb a month with three sim via tplink 4g router paying £6.00 600 minutes/Unlimited text Unlimited data.
(Virgin broadband cancelled)

Iphone 11 pro using around 70gb a month paying £2.00 200 minutes/Unlimited text Unlimited data.

https://ibb.co/GFMVMKP
How have you managed that?
I tried to reduce my £11 30GB AYCE and they werent having it, they just kept trying to offer me some silly half price deal which was still more than I was paying.

But I hover 20-30 last time i checked.

Back
Top Bottom