** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
Thanks REITSY, appreciate you taking the time to post both your initial thoughts and the updated feedback. I have just gone to order it and it is preorder again, typical! It was showing as 10plus in stock earlier. Too much dilly-dally :)

Same here mate lol. I was thinking about it yesterday and refreshing the page every few minutes, saw the stock count go from 10+ to 5, and then 10 minutes later they were gone :D

Associate
Now this is disappointing as hell. I asked the staff on Thursday through Discord for upcoming stock and they told me that they had no clue when it was arriving only to find out you got stock the next day. Now there is no stock again...do you have an idea when you are getting more @NikTheSHNIK ?

Last edited:
Associate
Now this is disappointing as hell. I asked the staff on Thursday through Discord for upcoming stock and they told me that they had no clue when it was arriving only to find out you got stock the next day. Now there is no stock again...do you have an idea when you are getting more @NikTheSHNIK ?

I'd say wait for another few months when we have more choice with IPS 1440 @ 144 / From a smoothness point of view its good but I do believe the colour is a bit washed out compared to Asus monitors.

Associate
I'd say wait for another few months when we have more choice with IPS 1440 @ 144 / From a smoothness point of view its good but I do believe the colour is a bit washed out compared to Asus monitors.
The colour is the complete opposite of washed out. I think you may have left the monitor on default setting of sRGB

Associate
Well I managed to get the LG GL83A which is basically the same monitor but without the USB hub and a little less WCG coverage but neither support basic HDR anyways. I paid only £340 and it arrives on Wednesday. We will see how it goes.

Last edited:
Associate
Well I managed to get the LG GL83A which is basically the same monitor but without the USB hub and a little less WCG coverage but neither support basic HDR anyways. I paid only £340 and it arrives on Wednesday. We will see how it goes.
The lowest it's been on the other site is £385 since it came back into stock so intrigued how you got it for £340. You are basically getting a standard IPS panel not a Nano IPS and the wider color gamut is what makes the picture so amazing on the GL850. After reading all the reviews I was happy paying the £85 extra.

Associate
The lowest it's been on the other site is £385 since it came back into stock so intrigued how you got it for £340. You are basically getting a standard IPS panel not a Nano IPS and the wider color gamut is what makes the picture so amazing on the GL850. After reading all the reviews I was happy paying the £85 extra.
I used an employee discount that I got from a friend for an extra 10%. If you look at reviews they are basically the same in sRGB, they don't recommend using them in WCG because the brightness is not enough for basic HDR so they don't look good. Therefore the only advantage from the GL850 is out the window. The panel on both is exactly the same, the "Nano IPS" name comes from a filter placed on top of the panel to help it display more colours.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, they are the same panel. The main difference of the GL850 is the extra USB ports and very little else. If you look at the Rtings review they are almost the same screen. I personally don't think it is worth spending £85 for the USB ports, perhaps, £30 or so max.

Associate
sRGB mode looks washed out and dull on the GL850 so hope you get better luck on the GL83A. I don't use HDR but the Wider Color Gamut which you get on most profiles on the GL850 makes colours jump off the screen and games look better than ever. Nano IPS is the backlight technology not a filter and it's the key differentiator between these monitors not just the USB hub. Good luck though and at that price it's a great deal, I just wanted the best there is and the GL850 is right now.

Associate
Bit the bullet and ordered the GL850, replacing an ancient 60hz samsung so I'd imagine the difference will be night and day. Fingers crossed more stock available soon!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I really like mine. The stand is a little wobbly so I’ve got an arm for it. Much cleaner.

lg_27gl850-b.jpg

Associate
Bit the bullet and ordered the GL850, replacing an ancient 60hz samsung so I'd imagine the difference will be night and day. Fingers crossed more stock available soon!

OCUK mentioned to me yesterday that it's expected 5-10 days, pending stock from the suppliers

Back
Top Bottom