Pro Cycling Discussion 2020

Soldato
Quintana looked great yesterday (and fantastic of GCN to provide the coverage) and sounds like he set a new record of the first 9km of Ventoux that they raced. Arcea Samsic off a great start this year.

Soldato
ITV have Paris Nice this year on top of Criterium Du Dauphine, Le Tour and Vuelta, they do the best highlights package by a country mile so a great addition! Under 2 weeks until Omloop!

Soldato
ITV have Paris Nice this year on top of Criterium Du Dauphine, Le Tour and Vuelta, they do the best highlights package by a country mile so a great addition! Under 2 weeks until Omloop!

Hopefully Quest will show the Giro highlights each night again this year.

Anyone got any Eurosport Player offers for my spring classic fix?

Soldato
Remco makes cycling look just ridiculously easy

And then dedicated the win to Nicolas Maes who last his baby recently. What a man (who’s not yet a man!)

Last edited:
Soldato
The smile on my face has reached max size looking at the Belgian weather forecasts for Saturday.
YUSSSSSS.

Soldato
Are they as grim as over here with a smattering of gusts?

Wind, wind and more wind.
WvA is now riding for Jumbo also. Team statement is that he is riding the Omloop because they are anticipating future races being cancelled.... read from that what you will but I guess this means MSR is looking like a cancellation is coming due to coronavirus.

Soldato
Some fast TP times today on the track. Denmark smashing a new WR.

Also UAE tour zzzzz. Only stage 2 was the interesting one. And tomorrow is just a carbon copy of yesterday’s stage with the same climb used at the finish, precluded by lots of flat...

Soldato
Yeah I've been catching a lot of it as we got a 50" TV in the shop now with a Eurosport subscription.

Looks good in the background with all the sunshine but the actual racing looks pretty boring. :o

Soldato
Moscon just needs a good old fashioned punch in the chops to sort him out I reckon. I'm a willing volunteer. I cannot even stand the sight of his face.

Kasper Asgreen is my new man crush. What do they feed these guys in Denmark? They're harder than nails.

Soldato
Absolutely fantastic ride by Asgren yesterday! The weather didn't make the races as interesting as hoped unfortunately but they were brutal! Hopefully Strade Bianche will go ahead next Saturday!

Soldato
OP
LOL. Birthday shower!

WvA is now riding for Jumbo also.
Wasn't he riding in their colours last year? Could've sworn he was...

Yeah I've been catching a lot of it as we got a 50" TV in the shop now with a Eurosport subscription.
Sweet! Perfect when things are a little slow! :D

Moscon being Moscon again. Ineos look awful once more for not dealing with him
Typical Moscon, but equally hilarious to see him do something similar again. Briliant! All adds to the entertainment!

Kasper Asgreen is my new man crush. What do they feed these guys in Denmark? They're harder than nails.
Agreed. What a MACHINE! Became a fan after Flanders last year, then his TT ride in the Worlds. Nails! Still only 25 too!

He's like a friendly ghost version of traditional Tony Martin. :cool:

Expecting good things from Harry Tanfield this year. Last ride title from his training yesterday says he's off to BE ready for 'something'.

Soldato
OP
There's an image going around of Robert Gesink TT'ing on his rig, in full aero position, on a Tacx Magnum (treadmill!). On Zwift. Actually going up an incline on the extensions. Awesome/impressive! :cool:

Soldato
Wasn't he riding in their colours last year? Could've sworn he was...

Yes he was, he gashed his thigh crashing into a barrier on a corner in the TT during the Tour de France last year that put him out for the rest of the year if you remember. I also remember him animating Paris Roubaix after chasing back on after a crash and a mechanical only to bonk near the end and never forget how empty he was with those dead eyes staring into the distance lying on the ground after he finished

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom