• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

980ti bored, sli for the fun

Soldato
I wouldnt advise anyone to go down the dual GPUS for SLI or Crossfire road any more, thats bonkers. It's terrible now dont kid yourself because it works ok in a few select titles. Yeah, 5 years or more ago it was great, I ran crossfire 7950 for years, it was godly, then opted for crossfire 390s because they experience previously was so good. BUT, about that time crossfire was getting worse and worse by the month, it was very rare to find a game that worked properly, and by that I mean without poor scaling/flickering/black screens/texture issues/stuttering. By the time midway through the 390 release, I gave in, couldnt take it no more and went powerful single card. It rejuvenated my love for pc gaming, I got so much more enjoyment in just playing games, just turning up the eye candy to max and setting no frame limit and letting games just run at over 100fps on my 1440p 144hz freesync monitor.

Long and short, dont bother with the hastle, put any extra money towards a more powerful single card solution.

Associate
Strange, I never had any problems with SLI. It just always worked for me. No constant tickering, artefacts or anything. If I could afford it on the next generation of cards, I'd still consider it

Associate
Yeah I haven't had a problem with SLI either, some of my crossfire setups did stutter a bit in some games but SLI has been pretty
consistent and good to me. The hassle is inserting another card and an SLI bridge. That's the 'hassle' someone today would experience
if running a 1080ti and wanting more performance. OR they could sell the 1080ti for say £300 and put that towards a 2080ti and end up
spending an additional £700+ for poorer performance than they'd get today for an additional £300.
I guess if that bit of man maths is too much 'hassle' they shouldn't bother because someone had a poor crossfire experience way back when:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom