• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
Could this be the reason for the spike of negative press on navi?
I wouldn't be surprised. It does correlate to the false claim of a higher then normal return rate. Why would a false return rate in that one article need to be mentioned if it didn't have anything to do with potential market share gains.

Even I was surprised to learn that the 5700 series was doing that well to be honest.

Associate
Just got a 5700XT today. Went in to the shop with the intention of buying a 2070 Super. Spoke to the chap who runs the shop and we'll I saved over £100. You would have expected him to sell me a 2080Ti :) Never had an AMD card before so just trying to get my head round the Radeon Software and the overlay in games.

So far impressed

Caporegime
Just got a 5700XT today. Went in to the shop with the intention of buying a 2070 Super. Spoke to the chap who runs the shop and we'll I saved over £100. You would have expected him to sell me a 2080Ti :) Never had an AMD card before so just trying to get my head round the Radeon Software and the overlay in games.

So far impressed
Which version did you get and where from?

Associate

So far impressed

Same here and I'm liking the Radeon software UI and depth of functionality...but...

I wasn't sure where to post the following up yesterday and thought the general gpu section would be best https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/amd-relive-in-game-audio-fail.18878344/ as it's not specific to just the 5700's. But seeing as I have one, I thought fellow owners might have some ideas/input/suggestions that could be of use for all :)

I've just recently installed a new RX 5700 XT and along with it, the required software/drivers etc and along with a lot of others it seems...I've had zero luck getting Relive to record audio in game :(

I've tried all the suggestions in other threads and online posts I can find on the issue, yet none have worked. It appears to be an inherent issue with the ReLive software and the general feeling I'm getting by all I've read, is that AMD aren't doing bugger all about it, despite being swamped with countless tickets for a fix no doubt.

Is there a stable workaround that I haven't tried or have found yet? Or does anyone have an idea as to when there might likely be a fix forthcoming?

My rig is well specced, all my drivers are up to date and all is installed properly. Never had an issue with in-game recording with any of my previous Nvidia cards, so this is kinda disappointing really.

I'm not unhappy with the card itself and it's performance is pretty awesome, but never having anything other than Nvidia cards previously, this is kinda making me wish a little bit I'd not made the switch.

Thanks in advance
:)

Associate
Which version did you get and where from?

Hi I purchased a PowerColour for £338 along with a Ryzen 5 3600 :)

GPUZ.png

Same here and I'm liking the Radeon software UI and depth of functionality...but...

I installed mine on a new system and have only had one issue, driver install has been perfect and each game I have tested has worked perfectly however GTA5 when using the xbox controller goes funny when using CTRL+R to bring up the software it changes the button mapping and I can't figure out how to fix this?

Soldato
Why does the clockspeed constantly change when stressed with these cards, is it a driver issue or are they suppose to constantly change? With my r9 290 I had, the clock speed was static when stressed.

Associate
Does reassigning a different key pattern or creating a macro not stop this happening? Assuming you've not tried it already?

I have no idea? The only way to stop it happening is to select the overlay toggle to on in the Radeon software prior to starting the game. Sorry, I am very new to AMD cards/my Nvidia 2060 works no issues loading up the Nvidia software whilst in this game. I must say its only GTA5 where it does this. Say for instance I press CTRL+R to check temperatures when I back out the buttons get mapped instantly whilst playing like A is to set to record when it was to run etc. I hope that makes sense?

Associate
I have no idea? The only way to stop it happening is to select the overlay toggle to on in the Radeon software prior to starting the game. Sorry, I am very new to AMD cards/my Nvidia 2060 works no issues loading up the Nvidia software whilst in this game. I must say its only GTA5 where it does this. Say for instance I press CTRL+R to check temperatures when I back out the buttons get mapped instantly whilst playing like A is to set to record when it was to run etc. I hope that makes sense?

Hmm? Maybe try assigning an unused key/button on the xbox pad to activate/close the software. Should be options within the GTA5 game control options and also the hotkey section of the software to do this.

Soldato

II've had zero luck getting Relive to record audio in game :(

I've tried all the suggestions in other threads and online posts I can find on the issue, yet none have worked. I

Thanks in advance :)

I haven't seen nor heard this issue in almost a year. Recording of both video/audio works fine on my end and I'm using 20.2.1 (although it worked in previous drivers).
I do know that if you have more then 1 audio device installed you have to manually select the correct Audio Capture Device in Settings (Gear Icon) and go to the General tab.

I've also found that if you have any nvidia drivers, etc installed that it can cause issues. IE: Going from Nvidia to AMD and didn't fully uninstall drivers, etc.

Another thing is that for whatever reason Win10 uses "default" but it's not your audio device. You have to manually select it. From System > Sound > Choose your output device.

But other then that I've not come across that issue in a very long time.

Associate
Had the card a week now, and after a lot of scaremongering?? Driver issues/heat/black screen etc... I have not had a single game crash or strange behaviour, I have the card at stock and have not messed with any of the Radeon tweaking bits yet. I may have a go at doing some overclocking but most if not all games are well over 80+FPS and I only have a 75Hz display. Is there any point to squeeze more performance out of the 5700XT?

Soldato
Had the card a week now, and after a lot of scaremongering?? Driver issues/heat/black screen etc... I have not had a single game crash or strange behaviour, I have the card at stock and have not messed with any of the Radeon tweaking bits yet. I may have a go at doing some overclocking but most if not all games are well over 80+FPS and I only have a 75Hz display. Is there any point to squeeze more performance out of the 5700XT?

I have had the 5700xt for about 2weeks now and same as you, I haven't had any problems either and all my games are running nice and smoothly without overclocking the card.

Associate
I haven't seen nor heard this issue in almost a year. Recording of both video/audio works fine on my end and I'm using 20.2.1 (although it worked in previous drivers).
I do know that if you have more then 1 audio device installed you have to manually select the correct Audio Capture Device in Settings (Gear Icon) and go to the General tab.

I've also found that if you have any nvidia drivers, etc installed that it can cause issues. IE: Going from Nvidia to AMD and didn't fully uninstall drivers, etc.

Another thing is that for whatever reason Win10 uses "default" but it's not your audio device. You have to manually select it. From System > Sound > Choose your output device.

But other then that I've not come across that issue in a very long time.

Thanks for the input :)

I run all my sound thru my ROG Centurion headphones...so no sound card or desk speakers and my LG panel is speakerless. All default sound output/input is set as my ROG headset/mic and I wiped any old Nvidia drivers, software etc before I plugged in the new AMD card and ReLive software. I've double checked the settings you mentioned and all are as they should be...so I'm at a complete loss :confused:

Soldato
yeah will do bud.

ive gone for the 50th anniversary edition. its a blower but based on the videos ive seen online, its not too bad with a decent fan curve and undervolt on it.

am on 19.11.3 and no crashes since rolling back at Christmas. 2200mhz/1.2v.

Back
Top Bottom