• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is my 5700XT dying?

Associate
So firstly thanks for looking at my post.

I have the Sapphire 5700XT Nitro and it’s not been without issues but performance wise it has been ok, well sort of I apart from the already heavily documented black screens, constant problems with my Dell S2719DGF when set at 155HZ and more all of which I have filed issue reports to AMD, for what it’s worth. Anyway, lately I started to experience other issues, stuttering, green lines, flickering textures so first thing so did was uninstall the drivers with DDU and reinstall. No joy. Rolled back a driver, then another, then another, no joy. I did a complete reinstall, no joy. Even reset bios on my Mobo, no joy. I have removed the card just to make sure it was seated ok, still no joy so I borrowed a 2060 (it was minewhich I sold to a friend for the 5700XT), clean driver Nvidia install. After several days I’m yet to have an issue. From my monitor working perfectly at 155HZ to the odd glitches and textures, all gone. Below are just a couple of screenshots of what I’m seeing.

I cannot do anything to force the issues, it just happens. I have ran benchmarks with no issues, put Diablo 3 on and had glitches flash up. Baffled slightly I am.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0yjU_8cDR-n6AvU7CPbyG2ADQ

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0r8kG5eW7NvTwGib5qkMTnEwQ

https://share.icloud.com/photos/05DOcrU9QOGu8b9DGndcqO7LA

Last edited:
Soldato
by the looks of your pictures i'd say the memory is on the way out, weird artifacting on the face of the cod chartcters isnt a good sign at all and weird lines during gaming is another sign of bad ram, however green screens usally means the gpu isnt getting enough power from the psu, in your signature you have your pc specs but nothing about what psu you have. (i hope you have at least a 650w unit)

Associate
OP
by the looks of your pictures i'd say the memory is on the way out, weird artifacting on the face of the cod chartcters isnt a good sign at all and weird lines during gaming is another sign of bad ram, however green screens usally means the gpu isnt getting enough power from the psu, in your signature you have your pc specs but nothing about what psu you have. (i hope you have at least a 650w unit)

Updated my sig to show PSU. I have the Seasonic Focus PX-850 850W 80+ Platinum PSU so should have no issues.
I have to return the 2060 so I put my 5700XT back in with the latest drivers (DDU in safe mode install method). I fired up Modern Warfare and all seemed great for a few mins then it just lost its smoothness. The FPS are still there it just looks and feels wrong. Luckily my friend is still here so he noticed it as well. We then put the 2060 back in just to see and it was as smooth as silk. I don't know what else to try, it doesn't seem to happen in benchmarks but put a game in and the problems arise.

Soldato
your dell moniter is it a gsync/freesync model, or just a gsync only?

EDIT just looked and it's freesync, that means it should work flawlessly with amd cards

whats your cases airflow like?, as your gpu is a open cooler it will quickly heat up the inside of your case under load.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
your dell moniter is it a gsync/freesync model, or just a gsync only?

EDIT just looked and it's freesync, that means it should work flawlessly with amd cards

whats your cases airflow like?, as your gpu is a open cooler it will quickly heat up the inside of your case under load.

It’s a Lian Li PCV33, 2 Noctuas at the front, 2 at the back, Noctua CPU with 2 fans. Never had a problem with overheating and had the case for quite a while and the card since September. Case is cold to the touch.

Soldato
Updated my sig to show PSU. I have the Seasonic Focus PX-850 850W 80+ Platinum PSU so should have no issues.
I have to return the 2060 so I put my 5700XT back in with the latest drivers (DDU in safe mode install method). I fired up Modern Warfare and all seemed great for a few mins then it just lost its smoothness. The FPS are still there it just looks and feels wrong. Luckily my friend is still here so he noticed it as well. We then put the 2060 back in just to see and it was as smooth as silk. I don't know what else to try, it doesn't seem to happen in benchmarks but put a game in and the problems arise.

the card might try and boost slighty higher than what the supplied power or silicon allows. try and lower the p7 state clock down 100mhz while upping the power limit to 50%. this is purely for diagnostic purposes.

Man of Honour
How are you powering the card? Is it from one cable using the daisy chained pair of connectors or two completely seperate pci-e power leads? If it's just the single cable with the daisy chained connectors try using a pair of seperate leads. I know a single cable should power the card fine but people have fixed problems with their gpu's by switching to a pair of seperate cables.

Caporegime
the pics look like an issue with the card. artifacting like that is from a high overclock or bad memory.

i would try the above though use 2 separate PCI-E leads and try it in another pc as well.

i've heard a lot of issues from people i play with when they switched to AMD so I would say their cards have a high failure rate as it is new tech for them and it's probably not as solid as they hope it to be.

Back
Top Bottom