Storm damage

Soldato
Anyone else suffer last night?

this had me up at 3am as it was hanging down and clouting the windows on the front of the house

b6IT5y8.jpg
lNcHgui.jpg

Can see a few neighbours have broken fence panels etc.

Soldato
I had a fence panel down in last weeks storm but seem to have got away with it this time (hopefully, there's still some heavy gusts of wind)
Very happy I don't live in Ponntypridd or the Borders this morning.

Soldato
Other than the kids toys being thrown around the garden (they were tarped and all bunched in one place but the tarp is nowhere to be seen!).

Man of Honour
Most of the damage has been done in the past two lots of storms - just small branches down this one that I've noticed so far.

Soldato
Bunch of stuff was blown off the neighbours flat roof shed last weekend.
One of these things was a pane of thick glass (apprix 80cm x 40cm in total) , it's smashed all over our patio which we haven't finished laying yet so bits of glass in all the cavities, the odd thing is, half the pane ended up in our other neighbours garden so not sure how that worked.
Also have his shed guttering.

Our garden is fine otherwise, no panels down.

Soldato
Had two fence panels down last week so had to replace them. In the process of replacing my wooden ones for concrete and feather edge but it costs a fortune.

Replaced one half of garden. Have ten more panels to do :(

Soldato
OP
I'll probably fix it myself and then get the whole lot replaced when Spring weather kicks in. That sounds a bit expensive if it's just the one strip to be repaired...

i cant get up there so not really any choice to do myself my ladder only reaches gutter height unfortunately.

Its a complete strip that needs replacement as the one that fell has snapped in half, i was actually expecting to pay much more

Soldato
I have one panel out and two look like they are on their last legs. Wife has been nagging about getting plastic fence panels -anyone got any and if so what do you think. Fortunately we have concrete posts.

Soldato
I have one panel out and two look like they are on their last legs. Wife has been nagging about getting plastic fence panels -anyone got any and if so what do you think. Fortunately we have concrete posts.
If loosing wooden panels is annoying, the change of loosing plastic ones would irritate the **** out of me!

Soldato
Roof tile came off last weekend - can only assume it's ours as immediate neighbours either side have different style. I can't see where it's come from though, maybe under the solar panels.

Then came home today to find the end fence panel has come off. Annoying as it's up 20 feet of alley, the wind must have got right up there and had nowhere to go!

Of course I'm never home before dark on weekdays to sort it :mad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom