**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
Probabaly get a better PSU than that one. Seasonic, superflower or Be Quiet
The i9 I'd probabaly swap for an AMD CPU as the AM4 socket has another generation to go. What resolution/hz is your monitor?
That EK cooling system - unless you are going to cool your gfx card aswell is expensive. an AIO All in one cooling option would be fine and a 1/3 of the price.
RAM - If you go the AMD route then 3600Mhz ram
That Intel NVME drive is slow comparable to other manufacturers at that price point

Caporegime
I’ve been getting constant emails from REX lately offering me massive discounts on their products.

I’ve had the same supposedly one time offer about 10 times now lol.

Feel a bit sorry for them tbh, they're buggered if this is so good it doesn’t need external add ons.

Associate
Probabaly get a better PSU than that one. Seasonic, superflower or Be Quiet
The i9 I'd probabaly swap for an AMD CPU as the AM4 socket has another generation to go. What resolution/hz is your monitor?
That EK cooling system - unless you are going to cool your gfx card aswell is expensive. an AIO All in one cooling option would be fine and a 1/3 of the price.
RAM - If you go the AMD route then 3600Mhz ram
That Intel NVME drive is slow comparable to other manufacturers at that price point

Thanks for you reply.
My current setup, which I got from OC is
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: EX58-UD3R
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG (type: BIOS)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
Plus Gigabyte nVidia GTX750ti grfx

Monitor is Asus 60hz.

I've always gone with intel, so i thought i9 would be a vast improvement on my 10 year old i7.?
I'm not keen on liquid cooling system but it's in the machine, so I thought it would be neccesary?

Also as my system is so old, 10 years+, I thought there was no point in upgrading. The other machine is costed at £2299, which is mega bucks to me.

I saw OC have the same mobo, with good ram and i think it was i9 for £900, but I dont think I have the confidence to build it, even though I think my case and PSU would do, and thats why I was looking at ***competitor link removed***

anything that can get performance up and price down would be a bonus, and I would like to go with OC again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I hope they have the extra 300 and redbull air-races, plus the hoover damn race.

Also the FlightSchool, and hope that fsflyingschool will update/convert their add-on, that was my fav add-on.
I've landed a cessna172 at Chicago at least a 1000 times.

Soldato
Thanks for you reply.
My current setup, which I got from OC is
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: EX58-UD3R
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG (type: BIOS)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
Plus Gigabyte nVidia GTX750ti grfx

Monitor is Asus 60hz.

I've always gone with intel, so i thought i9 would be a vast improvement on my 10 year old i7.?
I'm not keen on liquid cooling system but it's in the machine, so I thought it would be neccesary?

Also as my system is so old, 10 years+, I thought there was no point in upgrading. The other machine is costed at £2299, which is mega bucks to me.

I saw OC have the same mobo, with good ram and i think it was i9 for £900, but I dont think I have the confidence to build it, even though I think my case and PSU would do, and thats why I was looking at ***competitor link removed***

anything that can get performance up and price down would be a bonus, and I would like to go with OC again.

That system would be a vast improvement over your current system. The i9 9900k is a very good CPU but they are expensive and require liquid cooling to get the best from them. You are correct in not upgrading your current system.

You other dilemma is that even if you bought that PC, your monitor (I guess is 1920x1080p) @ 60hz will have that system sitting idle. You'll want either a higher resolution monitor AND higher refresh rate. So you'll want a new monitor to be factored in as well.

The scimitar range from OCUK is where you'd want to be looking PC wise. though as some report a massive amount of RAM being used I'd wait for the game to be released and find out what it really want to run it. For a gaming PC though I'd look at;

case - something with decent airflow and not a small form factor. Phanteks Enthoo is popular
Noctua D15 CPU cooler
3600X, 6 core cpu (These are excellent gaming CPU's and the AM4 platform will have a 4000 series yet.
3700x 3800x 8 core CPU
16GB 3600Mhz RAM
800W PSU
X570 MOBO (Can get 450/470's to make it cheaper)
Nvidia 2070 Super (AMD cards are still a bit finickety)
1TB NVME Gen 3
1TB SSD Depends how much storage you want. Wouldn't bother with a mechanical spindle drive anymore

2560x1440 120hz+ monitor, Ultra wides - Oh so many options.

Soldato
Is this a trust message I might be interested in *wink wink*?

HMU in trust if you're interested in my stamp collection :)

Hopefully with a nice little upgrade price for owners of the FSX versions.

737 and 747 please PMDG. 777 would be nice too. Never been into airbus tbh.

a nice turboprop like the Dash-8 would be good too.

I've been flying the Zibo 737 for some time now as I much preferred it to the PMDG as well as preferring XP11 over P3D, but I would happily get the 737NGXu for MSFS. The Dash-8 is the absolute only reason I have P3D installed still, so it would be nice to have a decent one in MSFS as well :) The Dash-8 in P3D is a superb plane though.

Hi mate,

This url is giving me a "flight not found" error. If I use flightsimulator.com and try to log in as an insider or visitor, I'm unsuccessful and the url https://www.flightsimulator.com/?autherror=xbla_invalid is returned.

Any ideas?

If you find the login at the top right somewhere it should work.

Soldato
I've been flying the Zibo 737 for some time now as I much preferred it to the PMDG as well as preferring XP11 over P3D, but I would happily get the 737NGXu for MSFS. The Dash-8 is the absolute only reason I have P3D installed still, so it would be nice to have a decent one in MSFS as well :) The Dash-8 in P3D is a superb plane though.

I'd echo all of that, plus the Zibo 737-800 is the only big jet I know how to fly and know what all the buttons do!

Back
Top Bottom