BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
No they don’t, it’s the Japanese that have quality nailed especiall Toyota. You’d have to be deluded to think the best quality cars come out of Germany as it’s simply not true.

Unfortunately most people's idea of a good quality car is how many interior panels they wrapped in fake leather.

Man of Honour
Not at all really, the Model S is 4.98m long and 1.964m wide, the 7 series standard wheel base is 5.12m long and 1.902m wide. So from a squared volume on the road the Tesla is bigger, I thought you'd been in one?

As I said, it's bigger. The Model S is not a 7 series competitor IMO. Nor should it be, it can't compete with that.

Soldato
It's valid to say that Tesla aren't up with the German players for interior quality, but it's a bit unrealistic expecting them to be, given they've only been making cars in larger volumes for about 8 years. It's an extremely difficult undertaking, and the learning curve is steep.

The established brands don't always get it right though. Most of us know about the poor interior of the E60, particularly pre-facelift. The W204 C-Class was well below par inside too. Several Mercedes models were a let down inside given the reputation of the brand and cost. The F30 is nothing to write home about in terms of interior quality either. Audi has been the best performer on this metric, their cabins always seem to have the perceived (or actual) finish expected- they didn't even cut corners on the A2, A1 and A3 , given their price and category.

The Model 3 looks better than the S, and there's every chance subsequent generations will be better still. Hyundai and Kia are another example- it probably took them what, 20 years to achieve parity with the big mainstream players? And that was just to rival Ford, Peugeot and VW, etc.

Soldato
As I said, it's bigger. The Model S is not a 7 series competitor IMO. Nor should it be, it can't compete with that.

Yes the TESLA is bigger! I literally just gave you the measurements. Why can't it compete with a bog standard 730d? No options fitted £70k, Tesla is £77k for the LR variant. BEst in class storage, way more than a BMW.

Man of Honour
It's valid to say that Tesla aren't up with the German players for interior quality, but it's a bit unrealistic expecting them to be, given they've only been making cars in larger volumes for about 8 years. It's an extremely difficult undertaking, and the learning curve is steep.

I'd say this is fair, and the car isn't bad quality by any means, but when you're talking £80-90k in the case of a decent spec Model S, it falls to pieces under scrutiny. That's not to say it's bad, but it's no 5 Series, let alone 7 Series/S Class, etc.

But I do think they've done well to get into the market and establish themselves, and no doubt they will get better - but in time the Germans will come to the market with their own solutions.

Yes the TESLA is bigger! I literally just gave you the measurements. Why can't it compete with a bog standard 730d? No options fitted £70k, Tesla is £77k for the LR variant. BEst in class storage, way more than a BMW.

My response to that would be for a car of that size, the cabin isn't all that spacious then. It felt no bigger than a 5 Series.

Soldato
:D

We all know the best EV out there is an i3S. #bmw
Haha, to be fair I should have said Tesla owners. This BMW thread has suddenly got a load of people like when Dinesh from Silicon Valley got his Tesla. I don't post here much but read a lot and have a 440i and X3 M40i - I don't want to read about Teslas, I have no interest in them and if I did I'd go to a Tesla thread.

Soldato
Because it's nothing like the same thing inside at all, which is where the 7 Series shines.

Bog standard 7-series interior with out spending huge amounts on packages is about the same as the 5 or 3.
It only shines when your up the huge base cost, which is why they make it so average in the first place, in order to get you to spend on high margin upgrades.

Man of Honour
Bog standard 7-series interior with out spending huge amounts on packages is about the same as the 5 or 3.
It only shines when your up the huge base cost, which is why they make it so average in the first place, in order to get you to spend on high margin upgrades.

The same as a 3?! What.

Caporegime
Can we talk about V8s, noise, non fisher price interiors and agile cars again :(

and that vegan analogy is very good because it’s so true.

Soldato

Have you ever sat in a 7 series? Are you really suggesting it’s the same quality as a 3!?

Back
Top Bottom