Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem- New ARPG

Soldato
I played some of this earlier, got a huge chunk of the way through Act 2 only for it to reset the story (same gear/level I had) to the start of the Act.

Uninstalled, I'll come back to it in a month or two, hopefully the bugs will be ironed out.

Personally speaking, I wouldn't say this game was ready for a full release. There's a bunch of problems other than what I've mentioned, it's definitely fun to play but I don't understand why they didn't remain in early access to iron out the problems for a few more months. I avoid 'early-access' releases because I don't want to be hit in the face with problems, when a game has been in development and then early access for as long as Wolcen I expect the actual release to be in a much better state.

Associate
Yeah online been fine for most of the day for me. Got to lvl 25 and enjoying it. Made a public group but so far no-one has joined, I presume you need to either invite or be invited. Feel free to add me soya.2238. Made a tank/support chr mainly for online use, my offline is turret/pistoleer, already finished the campaign but online seems slower going. Anyhow, feel free to join up/invite when I'm on.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
The game started off feeling really slow, compared to beta. I was playing with 2 usable skills in my bar until around level 9. It then picked up a hell of a pace and threw some decent drops at me and my char became a one shot room killer.

Edric is still op against melee classes. He was a pain in beta, even worse now. Maybe need to adjust the glass cannon build I have, but it's very pricey to respec at this level.

Soldato
I didn't have too much trouble with Edric while using a dual wield melee build, fun fight though, very epic feel to it.

I'm using the following skills:

1. Wings of Ishmir - Mobility in the form of a jump, rage generator and light AoE damage.
2. Bleeding Edge - This is my AoE, one shots almost everything it hits and makes a great room clearer.
3. Sovereign Shout - Rage generator and buffer/enemy debuffer.
4. Juggernaut - Shield/defensive with strong AoE on break and potential CC depending on taken skills.
5. Slayer's Flurry - My single target damage dealer, it absolutely destroys whatever you use it on, it also adds a lot of mobility when used properly.

I'm absolutely wrecking everything I come across, while I can take hits from most things I rarely need to worry about those that are dangerous because my mobility is so high.

Honestly it really is a lot of fun, I just don't feel like being sent back to the start of the act every time I restart the game.

Soldato
Got to the end of Act1 once the servers came up last night and Edric destroyed me 4 out of the 5 tries we did as a group of 3, It seems like the scaling isn't setup right for groups as if I go solo I can melt stuff.

Hopefully servers are still up tonight so we can continue.

Soldato
end game time.. playing/ranger/turret with a warrior/healer friend.. nothing to hard at the moment!

not really had any bugs other then some flying things which were not clickable but that seems fixed since new patch yesterday..

Soldato
Gonna get this once the bugs have been ironed out.

Keep seeing grim dawn being recommended, just purchased the definitive edition for £26, it includes all the dlc. I really liked titan quest and diablo 2 so im hoping for another good ARPG.

Soldato

Keep seeing grim dawn being recommended, just purchased the definitive edition for £26, it includes all the dlc. I really liked titan quest and diablo 2 so im hoping for another good ARPG.

Grim Dawn is one of the best ARPG if you can get on with the theme. POE is very good. Martyr Prophecy is also very good if you like 40K. Torchlight 2 is not bad.

Pretty dissapointed so far with Wolcen. Obviously a fair few bugs but I'm sure they will get sorted. For me something feels off with the pace and there is some basic quality of life features missing. Namely fog of war on the map and hover over on the gear stats. Creatures don't seem to see you which may be a ultra widescreen bug.

Soldato
wolcen is fun in single player so far, the multiplayer i don't know about, apart from massive lag while the game is saying the server has 20 odd ms if it connects, settled on single player till the problems are solved and my bread and butter in these games are single player.

looks and plays awesome, im starting to notice some areas are having massive fps drops, 158 to 40 is a bit jarring but then it comes back up again, running every thing on very high but only 1080p.

ryzen 3600
16 gig 3200
radeon 5700

Soldato

you are going to love grimdawn :D

d2 and titan quest had a baby and it was grimdawn :)

Associate
Enjoying the game but it is not finished or perfect by any means , I've gone for a mage build and you get killed way to easy on act 3 by yellow and purple elite mobs ( 1 Shot killed ) unless you have loads of Health and mages never do , not with the builds people pick anyway , The main end Bosses are OP ! expect to spend a good half hour working out how to kill them...... Also the Devs need to scrap the future market place idea because people are using the GEM stack exploit and have Billions in coins already ! If they do go down the Ban root they are just killing of the game because so many are doing it...... I'm expecting them to prob just reset the coins for people that have done it..... Banning for it is just OTT

I've done it myself and have every talent maxed out :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't play this game, can't play in online mode as it crashes every few minutes without fail.. I did have a 45minute play in offline mode the other day but can't play offline today because of the constant crashes.. I can't even sell and sort my items without it crashing today, yesterday I was at least able to play offline but not today..

The game looks really good and performance, when it's running, is ok most of the time - it's just the constant crashes that are making me think of getting a refund.. I'm all for giving developers slack, I was one once, but this is still a few months off of being a finished game let alone adding the final polish(optimization). There are still lots of bugs, so this is clearly still beta quality atm, they should have postponed it at least a month, maybe more, in order to sort out most of these issues.

When it is sorted it looks like it'll be a good one, but from what I can see the developer is silent on the issues so far - not a good sign!

Back
Top Bottom