Windows 10 - HDMI Audio (Monitor) Disappears

Soldato
Anyone else turn their screen back on after the PC was left running, only to find the HDMI audio has disappeared?

It's always there functioning perfectly after a restart but if I've turned off the screen for several hours and come back, the 'select playback device' doesn't display my monitor as an option.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Associate
I had my monitor disappear the other day, but my usb dac was still there. I can't be sure as i've been farting about with settings and stuff due recently installing Win10, but might have been Radeon software update which caused some issues alone, so i can't be sure what caused it.

I think i manually installed monitor drivers and it's been fine since, so far.

Soldato
OP
Ah no, the monitor drivers didn't fix the issue but I have a sneaking suspicion it's related to Windows and the DisplayPort.

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry forgot to reply. Appreciate the offer, but am okay for the problem solving atm.

As i'm posting already...
I presume there's nothing in bios that relates to sleep and DP/hdmi?

Associate
My audio was working perfectly until Win10 decided to over-write my Realtec audio driver with a 6 month old Microsoft version. That resulted in loud hissing and not much else by way of audio output. Was forced to go in and disable device driver updates completely. So watch for auto updates...

Back
Top Bottom