RC cars

GeX

GeX

Soldato
I have a 4S drone, Taranis X9D, EV800D FPV goggles, various VTXs and cameras.

If I'm looking a decent, fun off road capable RC car what should I be looking at (with a view to making use of the drone kit I have)

Soldato
c44km-1.jpg

c44km-2.jpg

c44km-3.jpg

c44km-4.jpg

c44km-5.jpg

c44km-6.jpg

Work in progress, going for a scrappy look :D

Soldato
Does anyone race the cars?

I used to be a member of this organisation and raced competitively: https://www.brca.org

I recommend it to young (and older) people. I was young back then and raced at about 4 or 5 clubs both on indoor and outdoor tracks.

It's a good experience to compete, and also be a part of the atmosphere of a race meeting.

There are different classes of race so usually its a qualifying race then based on that result they put you in a category for the finals. So even if your not experienced in racing you still have a chance to finish in a good position.

Soldato
Does anyone race the cars?

I do. Have raced for about 15 years. Not very good but enjoy the racing and social side of club meetings.

My local club runs Touring Car, Rallycar, Tamiya TT01 stock class (very popular) and buggies - we're on tarmac so buggies are OK but not great.

We have a large outdoor track for the summer months.

Popular in south and west wales in Cardiff club. Their venue is pretty good. Carpet buggy racing.

My current steed is an Associated B74.

Soldato
That's awesome!

I remember its a competative atmosphere but also an enjoyable and friendly place.

I can't remember what my level was. I remember I got a trophy in my regular club that I came second in A final. I was proud of myself as some of the other A level racers used to compete in national events.

Any fathers (or mothers) with kids that enjoy racing these vehicles I'd recommend looking up the clubs. It'll teach them a lot in life in a fun way.

Soldato
I do. Have raced for about 15 years. Not very good but enjoy the racing and social side of club meetings.

My local club runs Touring Car, Rallycar, Tamiya TT01 stock class (very popular) and buggies - we're on tarmac so buggies are OK but not great.

We have a large outdoor track for the summer months.

Popular in south and west wales in Cardiff club. Their venue is pretty good. Carpet buggy racing.

My current steed is an Associated B74.
Where would I find details about South Wales clubs? Would love to go watch sometime. I have a TT01 chassis doing nothing! and a TL01B

Soldato
Do a FB search for Cardiff Off Road Buggy Club, Saundersfoot and District Model Car Club (SDMCC - we're actually in Carew Market) and Caldicot RC Racers.

Should find them easy enough.

The TT01 class at SDMCC is very popular. Only mod you are allowed is front UJs. Kit everything else.

Soldato
Finally got my self an Arrma Kraton 6s at the weekend. It's only had light use on 4s and was purchased new in July last year by the first owner. I've purchased two 3s batteries for and and have a charger and some spares on order (rpm skid plate, bumper and bearings). Can't wait now to try it out.

Man of Honour
I seem to be in an area without a club. We have an RCP track (which I would need to add to) and I am semi tepted to start a club for mini zs and equivalent but I travel so much it feels like I am not the right person to do it. I also generally don't like people that much.

Associate
Race 1/8 nitro buggy and truggybut haven't done much last 12 months lack of time and cash can get expensive

Also theres always a fair amount of travelling my closest nitro track is over an hour away in Nottingham

Would love give nitro on road racing a go but the nearest track that will take nitro is over a hundred miles away

Soldato
when i was using my tt-01 and my thunder tiger drifter which takes same size wheels, i had a problem where a random wheel would fly off, the wheels had blue thread lock, they would physically snap off at random and i would have to use tools to remove the little bit that was left.... around the nut, it was like the center just said nope and detatched from the main bit of wheel.

any one got any ideas to avoid that?

Back
Top Bottom