Reverse Camera

Soldato
Hi,

I'm constantly having to clean the reverse Camera on the Tucson whenever its raining etc so thinking of fitting some oem or aftermarket mud guards to see if that helps but I have heard positive reviews of Ceramic coating the lens or using rainx has anyone tried this and found it helps?

I assume there is not some sort of universal shield or something that can be stuck under the cameras and act kind of like a guard for it.

Thanks

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Never found reversing cameras helpful, especially when already fitted with lady-park beep-beeps.

The 360 cameras are helpful at times, but when those times come they're absolutely filthy - so rely on the front and back lady-park

Man of Honour
Rainx helps but you will have to reapply it fairly frequently - I use it on mine but after 1-2 months the effect wears off.

Soldato
Yep, just give it a wipe with my thumb on the way past.

Yup, I do this. Every time I open the tailgate,I find myself wiping the camera lens :p

Some manufacturers are starting to put the camera under a cover that moves out of the way when needed, but its far from widespread yet.

I was behind a Mercedes of some sort a few weeks ago, it had just reversed out of a driveway in front of me. As it pulled away, I noticed the rear badge was angled upwards. I thought it was an integrated boot release catch that had got stuck or something, but as he sped up, it folded flush again, so I figure there must be a camera mounted in there. Quite a neat solution :)

Don
Never found reversing cameras helpful, especially when already fitted with lady-park beep-beeps.

The 360 cameras are helpful at times, but when those times come they're absolutely filthy - so rely on the front and back lady-park

They definitely are helpful. I remember driving a courtesy car with one and thought it was a novelty item, but then buying a car that had one, you see the benefit of it and more coverage of what is behind you. Of course, it still didn't stop my wife reversing into a car with it.. :rolleyes:

Coincidentally, it was Tucson she was in, and the camera was dirty :p

Caporegime
I was behind a Mercedes of some sort a few weeks ago, it had just reversed out of a driveway in front of me. As it pulled away, I noticed the rear badge was angled upwards. I thought it was an integrated boot release catch that had got stuck or something, but as he sped up, it folded flush again, so I figure there must be a camera mounted in there. Quite a neat solution :)

My VW CC did this, great solution camera never got dirty and i never cleaned it. All exposed cameras on our RangeRover and Landrover get caked in mud within a day this time of year, very very annoying.

Soldato
The GLC and GLE do that. I think pretty much every other Merc model has a cover which opens up from underneath the boot release handle so you don't have to worry about the camera ever getting dirty. I didn't realise this wasn't a common thing. If it does somehow get dirty there's a setting in Comand to open the camera hatch so you can clean it.

Soldato
OP
love the "or learn to drive" imagine wanting to use a feature I paid for :p. It has 360 cameras and the ones under the mirrors dont seem to get as dirty and neither does the front strangely.

Either way I have some mud flaps to go on and have bought some ceramic coating so will see how it goes as even applying it every few months would be great. They should have ideally put it under a flap that opens when in reverse or at least have a sprayer aimed at the lens.

Back
Top Bottom