Alienware AW3420DW

Associate
OP
What is the verdict on the best response rate? I had mine on fast and now on faster, not sure I notice any difference...

I can't say I notice much difference either to be honest, I need to do more testing. I generally leave mine on the lowest for browsing and for games, I just switch on FPS mode for the colours, etc.

Soldato
Just a brief revival of this thread. I took delivery of my AW3420DW today and overall (for the brief time I've had to play with it) I'm impressed - especially so since I got it for £650.
Colours are great and I found the contrast to be very good, although blacks won't be on the level as my VA shod Acer Z35P.

There is some noticeable IPS glow in the corners however it's nothing that bothers me all that much as I won't be using it to either watch movies or play dark game - just office work, photo editing and Sim Racing.
Where it is quite noticeable is watching 16:9 content where the black bars are much more prevalent on the sides than on the VA where they are effectively invisible. That being said to me it's a worthwhile trade off as it's a considerably better monitor than the Z35P in all other departments.

See some side-by-sides below with the Acer.

Pn1AWLkl.jpg

747qcJYl.jpg
This shows the difference in the black bars when watching 16:9 content although I did have to overexpose by quite a bit to show it so it really isn't all that bad. I actually had to draw a yellow line to show where the edge of the Acer is because the black bar is so dark - credit to the VA here.

pofBmpUl.jpg

FDppnMyl.jpg

6GSPXmtl.jpg

tiQzOd2l.jpg

As I say, all-in-all very happy with it so far.
I was initially looking at the AW3821DW however the price is just silly at the moment and when I found this model for pretty much half the cost of the 38 I thought it was worth a punt.

Back
Top Bottom