BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Thoughts on the new m235i gran coupe?
I know it's fwd and a 4 pot...but it's growing on me lol

Looks quite nice except for that ghastly grille, Are they going to release a M240i with a 6cyl? If so i'd probably wait for that, nice car like that deserves a nice sounding engine note, not a dyson noise that farts on gear changes.

Man of Honour
I'm not a huge fan but haven't driven the new 35i engine, guess it depends how good the Merc cla and Audi s3 is, competition in that segment is pretty stuff
Carwow did a drag race with the m135i and it put a decent showing, so I guess the m235i shouldn't be too shabby

going to release a M240i with a 6cyl
Only the coupe. Rest is going to be transverse 4 pot. Next 2 series coupe will remain inline 6 apparently

Soldato
What are you smoking?

Nothing, but the quality of the 5-series interior is almost identical to that of the standard non-specced up 7-series. Next time you pass by a dealer if they have a 2nd hand poverty spec 7-series in then have a look. Also the 3-series (newest model) is leagues ahead of what they were even 5 years ago.

Soldato
Nothing, but the quality of the 5-series interior is almost identical to that of the standard non-specced up 7-series. Next time you pass by a dealer if they have a 2nd hand poverty spec 7-series in then have a look. Also the 3-series (newest model) is leagues ahead of what they were even 5 years ago.
And the 7 is about the same as the 3? Or are you going back on that claim?

Man of Honour

There is no such thing as a poverty spec 7 Series, they are all very high spec as standard.

Soldato
The fact that the 7’s interior resembles the 5’s is testament to the quality of the 5! They both have interiors fit for luxury cars. If anything, it highlights the value of the 5 and makes the 7 less worthwhile.

Soldato
Soldato
I kind of see his point though, in the right spec, the 5 looks an awful lot like a 7 and imho the interior quality is not really very different. I've been in enough G11/12 to be able to tell quite quickly but I doubt many would probably outside of this thread :D. The 3 however looks totally different.

Spot the 7er, there's 20k EUR difference between these two 30d models.

s2eK7zK.png
B4Pjrzr.png
I won't lie, I don't know which is which...

Man of Honour
That's what makes the 5 Series so great, it's a 7 in a smaller package.

Interiors resemble each other obviously, but the 7 is clearly the bottom picture. It's more noticeable when you sit in it though, everything is bigger and a bit more plush.

Soldato
Interiors resemble each other obviously, but the 7 is clearly the bottom picture. It's more noticeable when you sit in it though, everything is bigger and a bit more plush.
Exactly - also, that 5 Series interior is not standard and quite often things which look the same aren't. e.g. the iDrive controller in the 5 is plastic where as in the 7 Series it's metal. In that picture they both look identical. Probably the same for the door handles and climate controls too.

Soldato
Still on the hunt for a new car and decided I do need a petrol again. What would you guys recommend that gets 35+MPG,that's automatic, 5 door and entertaining for a maximum of 20k and doesn't come riddled with potential issues?

Back
Top Bottom