THE BIG 20! The Overclockers UK Birthday Bash

OcUK Staff
ocuk-bday-forum-top-1.png

IT'S OUR BIRTHDAY!
We've finally come to acknowledge that we're old... 20 YEARS OLD IN FACT! And to celebrate two decades of gaming, overclocking, hardware, modding, and everything else OcUK, we're holiday a special birthday bash & you're all invited.

From 27th February we'll be having a deals section on the website, for anyone and everyone to access, so if you're eyeing up something - that might be a great chance to bag a bargain.

BUT on the 29th February, we'll be having a special STORE EVENT! With extra spicy deals, that can only be picked up on the day, in person, by you.

STORE EVENT DETAILS:

WHEN?
29th February 2020 (not 2019), doors open at 9:00am

WHERE?
Overclockers UK, Unit 5 Lymedale Cross, Newcastle Under Lyme, ST5 9EN (midlands not up north)

RED BULL
Red Bull will be bringing their armoured events vehicle, fitted with an on-board DJ booth to blast some music & annoy our neighbours. PLUS they'll be supplying us with a fridge & some beverages for the day too.

DEALS
As previously mentioned, we'll have some special deals that are only available there & then, running on a ticket basis - it's first come, first serve. So pick your primary, then once you've got that, grab another ticket & buy the next one (so forth and so on). Doors open at 9:00am, and ticketing start from 9:30am.

8PACK
8PACK will be on-site so you can say hello and pick his brains, AND he'll be running some LN2 demos on the day - with our latest edition to the overclocking scene "Arne Saknussemm". We'll also have some of his PCs on show for you to drool over (plz no actual drooling)

FOOD & DRINK
We'll supply the food & drink, with pizza in coming around lunch time & some nibbles and cans too. And what would we be if we didn't offer cake on our birthday? So for the first 200 people, they'll be able to grab a cupcake too.

WIN STUFF
On the day we'll run some CS:GO Trainer time trails, and various little bits throughout the day. And we're having a raffle for SpecialEffect - so dig deep and give generously cus those guys do awesome work.

NOTE:
Outside, we'll have a heated marquee for the food & another marquee for shelter (just in case). The Red Bull vehicle will obviously be there too, PLUS, some portaloos! So no having to run to Morrisons :)

I'm sure the PMs (probably Nik + Gibbo) will be filling this up with deals that are coming so keep your eyes peeled

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/thebig20

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sounds great. Oh wait I’m 300 miles away. Onsite deals should also be available to those unable to attend IMO. If they don’t sell out that is.

Soldato
Is it 20 years already? Blimey, it only seems like yesterday that a friend picked up one of your overclocked Duron 800 @ 1Ghz systems.

Happy Birthday, it sounds like it'll be a great event.

OcUK Staff
OP
Sounds great. Oh wait I’m 300 miles away. Onsite deals should also be available to those unable to attend IMO. If they don’t sell out that is.

That's why we're doing online ones too, the store ones will be extremely limited quantity - just like the previous ones we've done. If we're allowed & not sold out, we'll probably do code based.

Associate
A big congratulations on reaching 20 years! Great to see you guys are still going after all these years, rough the good and bad. I do hope there some deals on the online store :)

OcUK Staff

It is a birthday bash, the whole idea is you travel to come celebrate with us, get some free food and hey maybe bag a couple of great deals on the day too.

Though there shall be online deals, the craziest deals shall be in store only and limited, for example 3900X at £349.99 Inc. VAT. :)

OcUK Staff
AVAILABLE IN STORE ONLY 29TH FEBRUARY, 20 UNITS AVAILABLE AT THIS PRICE, FIRST COME FIRST SERVED:

£1549.99 REDUCED FROM £1798.99 SAVING £250!!!

LG 38GL950 38" 3840x1600 NANO IPS 144Hz G-Sync HDR Widescreen LED Backlit Curved Monitor @ £1,798.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/LG-3...een-LED-Backlit-Curved-Monitor-MO-15G-LG.html

Display Resolution 3840x1600, Display Size 38", Refresh Rate 144Hz, G-Sync, 1ms Response Time, 21:9 Aspect Ratio, Panel Type NANO IPS, Curved, HDR 400

Only £1,798.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
AVAILABLE IN STORE ONLY 29TH FEBRUARY, 20 UNITS AVAILABLE AT THIS PRICE, FIRST COME FIRST SERVED:

£1549.99 REDUCED FROM £1798.99 SAVING £250!!!

LG 38GL950 38" 3840x1600 NANO IPS 144Hz G-Sync HDR Widescreen LED Backlit Curved Monitor @ £1,798.99 inc VAT

Display Resolution 3840x1600, Display Size 38", Refresh Rate 144Hz, G-Sync, 1ms Response Time, 21:9 Aspect Ratio, Panel Type NANO IPS, Curved, HDR 400

Only £1,798.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

I think I'd better hide my credit card!

OcUK Staff
Any discounts for those with slimmer wallets?

Planning to make a day of it with my stepson (so he can come and check out some chairs and other things), but a Ryzen 3600 bundle deal could be great

On CPU front no, but I am planning RX 590 at £99 in store only deal. :)

OcUK Staff
Any discounts for those with slimmer wallets?

Planning to make a day of it with my stepson (so he can come and check out some chairs and other things), but a Ryzen 3600 bundle deal could be great

Don't know if Gibbo can pull something out of the bag, however I've got some peripheral deals that will be live in the shop too for those with smaller budgets who still want to bag a bargain!!

Associate
Happy Birthday!

Will there be any deals on full systems in store? My PC went kaput before Christmas and I have been saving all my pennies and if there is a great deal I will make the drive from Nottingham just to get one. Also for some free pizza.

Back
Top Bottom