• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8k 60fps Benchmark

Soldato
Dont know what's up with MyBrains rig, but my sig rig plays it flawlessly. CPU at 2% utilisation and GPU at 75%.

Probably a lot of peoples internet connection too. I'm running a VM 350 connection. It seems to be pulling about 70 Mbps, so a beefy connection is needed.

K2p2nHd.png
You're running it with hardware acceleration enabled, so the graphics card is doing all the heavy lifting. What was being discussed is running it entirely on the CPU with hardware acceleration turned off - an area where Chrome seems to have problems, but Firefox doesn't.

Permabanned
Ok times moved on so has Edge Chromium builds, I can now play it smoothly (before I had to use old Edge) and skip forward/back and play instantly with or without Hardware Acceleration so CPU or GPU based. :)

Soldato
OP
Go into advanced settings and it’s an option there.

3950x & 2080ti

Hardware Accel Off. I accidentally cut off the GPU usage on the first image, but it basically just idles when hardware accel is off. GPU usage is misleading anyway. With hardware accel on, task manager looks like the GPU is running at 72%, maybe it's using that many cuda cores, but the core speed and power draw is low - the GPU is only pulling 80w out of a possible 330w - I suspect the 2080ti would be able to handle 16k 60fps playback too, but that would cause very high power draw

cofd0xbf.31k.jpg

Hardware Accel On

hmmugu0g.1ju.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
3950x & 2080ti

Hardware Accel Off. I accidentally cut off the GPU usage on the first image, but it basically just idles when hardware accel is off. GPU usage is misleading anyway. With hardware accel on, task manager looks like the GPU is running at 72%, maybe it's using that many cuda cores, but the core speed and power draw is low - the GPU is only pulling 80w out of a possible 330w - I suspect the 2080ti would be able to handle 16k 60fps playback too, but that would cause very high power draw

cofd0xbf.31k.jpg

Hardware Accel On

hmmugu0g.1ju.jpg

Ok nice but how was the experience? Was there Ani problem during playback? Was it 60 fps (when hardware accelerate was off)?

Back
Top Bottom