• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

CPU issue AGAIN since update of W10

Soldato
Hey guys,

Im having an issue AGAIN now I have updated to 1909 on W10.

My CPU usage on the first thread is active around 25% even with the system task manager stating nothing is running

CsahaVq.jpg

And also my clock speed for all the cores / threads are now not down clocking to 2200 like before

LZt5qvW.jpg

What is going on, any help ASAP would be muchly appreciated! :(

Soldato
OP
Please note, the downclock in the middle of the graph, is only because I changed the power plan for a few minutes to "power saver".

Soldato
Hey guys,

Im having an issue AGAIN now I have updated to 1909 on W10.

My CPU usage on the first thread is active around 25% even with the system task manager stating nothing is running

CsahaVq.jpg

And also my clock speed for all the cores / threads are now not down clocking to 2200 like before

LZt5qvW.jpg

What is going on, any help ASAP would be muchly appreciated! :(
Might just be an error with reporting on msi afterburner especially if task manager isn't showing anything using that much %

With regards to the CPU down clocking then make sure ryzen balanced is selected in Windows power options, enable AMD cool n quiet and global p state in the bios.

Soldato
This isn't your antimalware running now you've updated, and doing a scan to attempt to complete, or you disc indexing running, which would be a process, rather than a task?
If you leave it for 60 minutes, does it stop?

Soldato
OP
Might just be an error with reporting on msi afterburner especially if task manager isn't showing anything using that much %

With regards to the CPU down clocking then make sure ryzen balanced is selected in Windows power options, enable AMD cool n quiet and global p state in the bios.

I don't have the "Ryzen Balanced" option in power options. How do I get it?

This isn't your antimalware running now you've updated, and doing a scan to attempt to complete, or you disc indexing running, which would be a process, rather than a task?
If you leave it for 60 minutes, does it stop?

I will leave it for a while then and see how it gets on, not had it on for as much as an hour yet mate!

Soldato
OP
Sorry guys! Its my fault.

The only thing I had running (although showing little use in task manager) is the Aorus Fusion for my RGB. I quit it, and now my temps, usage and core clocks have all stepped down :D

Will keep an eye on it, but I think that's it solved.

Thanks for the fast input guys! Appreciated!

Soldato
Sorry guys! Its my fault.

The only thing I had running (although showing little use in task manager) is the Aorus Fusion for my RGB. I quit it, and now my temps, usage and core clocks have all stepped down :D

Will keep an eye on it, but I think that's it solved.

Thanks for the fast input guys! Appreciated!

My Gigabyte Aorus software wont run after the latest Windows updates. When I try to open it, the software just freezes up straight away - so now not only cant I change anything, but my Gigabyte AIO OLED screen no longer works ity just has "loading" text stuck on it

Soldato
OP
My Gigabyte Aorus software wont run after the latest Windows updates. When I try to open it, the software just freezes up straight away - so now not only cant I change anything, but my Gigabyte AIO OLED screen no longer works ity just has "loading" text stuck on it

Oh man, hope there is a fix for it soon, I would be a little ****** off if my OLED wasn't displaying as should!

Associate

I assume you've already tried the basics like run a repair install, uninstall and reinstall etc?

Back
Top Bottom