System won't boot

Associate
Hello, I recently purchased a new ASUS B450 Gaming Pro motherboard. When I turn the system on the board receives power and the fans spin up but all I get is a black screen, no beeps or anything.

This board has 8 pin connectors for the CPU and my PSU only has 4 pins so I'm wondering if this is the problem? I've seen elsewhere that some people are fine with just connecting 4 pins...can someone confirm if this would be the case for my particular board or if they've had similar problems?

Associate
OP
Hi,

PSU Winpower 550w
CPU Ryzen 5 1600x
RAM x1 8GB Crucial Ballistix sport
Video GeForce 9800 GT
Storage Gigabyte 512 GB sata SSD

Last edited:
Soldato
I would change the psu mate its the most important part of a pc get a reputable make even though it says 550 w doesn't mean it's out putting that rest of system looks fine I'd say good chance psu is the problem why have you only got one stick of ram and which slot have you put it in
Psu to consider are corsair or seasonic or phantek or superflower all good reputable makes don't skimp on the psu best bit of advice I was given
Oh and welcome to the forum

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks will see try a new PSU and see what happens. I was trying to build on a budget hence the 1600x CPU and one stick of RAM (idea was to buy another stick in future.)

Soldato
Thanks will see try a new PSU and see what happens. I was trying to build on a budget hence the 1600x CPU and one stick of RAM (idea was to buy another stick in future.)
I can understand that but never skimp on psu if it goes wrong it can take out all your other components as well better supplies tend not to

Associate
OP
Yep GPU is connected with power to it and to monitor as well.

Unfortunatley no spares to play with so might have to bite the bullet with a new PSU and hope that works...

Back
Top Bottom