Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Finally pulled my finger out and cancelled Virgin today.

Paying £67 at the moment for 150mb, basic TV and weekend calls (not that I ever use the landline!)

They offered either same services for £50, or 'upgrade' to 300mb and MaxIt TV package for £64.

Stuck to my guns and put the cancellation through, and they explained about cut off date (13th March) and sending all kit back.

So hopefully I'll get a call back soon with a better offer! Not sure what number they'll use to contact me as I'm not at home to answer home phone unless they call in the evening.

Soldato
So hopefully I'll get a call back soon with a better offer! Not sure what number they'll use to contact me as I'm not at home to answer home phone unless they call in the evening.

Just been through this with another of my close friends, they were sick of being a loyal customer and getting less so I told them to cancel and await the offers. After 3 days they had a call back with an insulting offer, and hung up. The very next day, another call this time they were happy to talk about loyalty and retention vs. new customers, they are now on there top end package (Ultimate Oomph Bundle). £74 per month, with £150 bill credit thrown in for good measure as that is the new customer offer, this gets them 500Mbps broadband, Phone Line (whoop) with unlimited calls, two Virgin V6 TiVO boxes with every channel under the sun, Movies, Sports, BT Sports, kids, etc, etc. They also get a Unlimited everything 4G mobile SIM which is great as they can cancel a current EE one which is costing them £33 per month.

Total cost per month after the credit, £61.50, take away the £33 saving on the mobile SIM and that drops it down £28.50 per month!!! Not bad for an hour and a half of time. :)

Associate
Just been through this with another of my close friends, they were sick of being a loyal customer and getting less so I told them to cancel and await the offers. After 3 days they had a call back with an insulting offer, and hung up. The very next day, another call this time they were happy to talk about loyalty and retention vs. new customers, they are now on there top end package (Ultimate Oomph Bundle). £74 per month, with £150 bill credit thrown in for good measure as that is the new customer offer, this gets them 500Mbps broadband, Phone Line (whoop) with unlimited calls, two Virgin V6 TiVO boxes with every channel under the sun, Movies, Sports, BT Sports, kids, etc, etc. They also get a Unlimited everything 4G mobile SIM which is great as they can cancel a current EE one which is costing them £33 per month.

Total cost per month after the credit, £61.50, take away the £33 saving on the mobile SIM and that drops it down £28.50 per month!!! Not bad for an hour and a half of time. :)

Excellent deal, even at £89 for new customers its good when compared to Sky!

Soldato
Excellent deal, even at £89 for new customers its good when compared to Sky!

Sky are the biggest con going, ARPU is down, advertising is down, and they still haven't realised that the next generation of consumer(s) want to stream the stuff to their devices not have to have a box and a TV. When they start un-bundling the individual channels, and offering them at a reasonable cost I'll be more impressed, and Now TV is just shonky due low resolution and bit rates. They need to be looking at Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Disney+, and Apple etc. to see how it should be done.

As for their broadband, well I mean it's just like anyone else's who are stuck with BT Openreach lines, they can't differentiate from others, at least Vodafone are trying with Cityfirbre etc.

Soldato
so I came to end of my 12 month contract and was looking forward to good negotiation with my service.
I don't need to the tv any more so just wanted to have a broadband and phone.

well the rep told me that losing the tv part of the deal would have me paying 50p more and there was no negotiation what-so-ever.
he didn't seem to grasp the idea of not having to pay for a tv license would offset that completely and when I played what I thought would be my trump card 'better arrange disconnection then' he didn't hesitate and said 1 months notice is in operation now.
so I am now on my way to Origin.
I would avoid Origin, it was a huge head ache for me in the past.
Has anyone else got a loss of service today? The service status page says it should be fixed by 21:30
Yes, Ive down time 5-6 time over the last week, it was down last night for a few hour and its been down 3 times today, I have called them but they have told me it will be fixed by the 17th.we are on the 12th today.

Caporegime
Virgin are in the process of cabling my area :) I'm in contract with EE on a g.fast connection until around this time next year but I'll likely switch and try out the fastest package I can get with Virgin on a new customer offer. Getting a good price after that seems like a bit of an issue but I'll deal with that when it comes.

Soldato
Rang VM today to renegotiate my package, I'm.just out of an 18 month deal I made (mix TV 200mb BB weekend TV £43pm), it's now gone up to £54pm as I've lost the £11 loyalty discount I had.

The cheeky call centre ******* offered me £3 discount!:eek:

I will ring the English retentions team tomorrow (Monday) and see what they have to say.

Soldato
Rang VM today to renegotiate my package, I'm.just out of an 18 month deal I made (mix TV 200mb BB weekend TV £43pm), it's now gone up to £54pm as I've lost the £11 loyalty discount I had.

I will ring the English retentions team tomorrow (Monday) and see what they have to say.
Lately they dont seam to care if you stay or leave and the English team cares even less, from my last few calls its better to speak to a normal support member, they at least try retention's could care less, the only other option would be to cancel and hope you get a call back.

Associate

Doing the same thing right now. The 1st call connected to overseas center, the system not allow her to offer anything lower but she put me to UK team. The UK team offer me the same package I have now for £59 which is £9 more than my old contract.

Soldato
Has anyone here cancelled and NOT had a call back?

Bloody sod's law that I don't get one. I cancelled Wednesday late afternoon and I've had nothing so far.

Either I ask them to reconnect, and see if they'll honour ones of the deals they initially offered, or I just leave it for as long as is required to rejoin as a new customer. Can't be assed with all the hassle of sending the equipment back, and I'm sure Virgin don't want the hassle either....

Back
Top Bottom