Second screen not waking after sleep / screen saver

Soldato
I have two new aoc screens both connections via DP. I have my power options set to high performance and the screens to turn off after 20 mins idle. I find after this idle period the second screen would not come back to life.

A reboot seems to be the only option. I
Have always had two screens but until now the second screen was via HDMI so maybe I need to dig the cable out and try that. Just seems odd.

Any ideas ? I am on latest drivers all round

Last edited:
Permabanned
From another thread I posted in (and multiple others)

"NVIDIA "Maxwell" and "Pascal" graphics architectures introduced support for modern display connectivity to keep up with the breakneck pace at which display resolutions are scaling up. The two introduce support for DisplayPort 1.4 and 1.3, however the implementation is less than perfect. Some of the newer monitors that leverage DisplayPort 1.4 or 1.3 standards don't function as designed on "Maxwell" (GeForce GTX 900 series) and "Pascal" (GeForce 10-series) graphics cards, with users reporting a range of bugs from blank screens until the operating system loads, to frozen boot sequences.

Unfortunately, these issues cannot be fixed by driver updates, and require graphics card BIOS updates. Luckily, you won't be at the mercy of lethargic AIC partners looking to limit their warranty claims by going slow on BIOS updates, or NVFlash rocket-science. NVIDIA released a tool which can detect if your graphics card needs the update, and then updates the BIOS for you, from within Windows. The app first unloads your driver, and flashes your graphics card BIOS (a process which must not be interrupted, lest you end up with an expensive brick)."

https://www.nvidia.com/content/Driv...ter_1.0-x64.exe&firmware=1&lang=us&type=Other

Just to be clear, this does not update your vendors GPU Bios (it will remain MSI's etc and same Build #), it is a Firmware Update for the DisplayPort black screen issue.

My EVGA 1080Ti FE needed it (I never had the issue AFAIK) but Titan Xp already had it.

Associate
Had a similar issue but it was all screens not sleeping. Turned out to be the crappy Gigabyte Aorus Engine and RGB Fusion software. If you dont have those then ignore

Back
Top Bottom