Whit's Yer Hing?

Soldato
My 'thing' atm is Piano. I'm the opposite of you, I don't flit between things, instead I'm incredibly reluctant to take up new things, but if I do finally decide to do it, I go in full steam ahead and I'm very dedicated to it.

Using the example of the piano, I've been thinking of taking it up since I was 21, I then decided to do it at 25, and I've practised at least an hour a day since.

Associate
For me its going fishing with the old man. We try and go once or twice a month, and its just a great way to unwind from everything. I also used to love modding cars, but i don't get to do that so much anymore as i need a reliable car for commuting, but I've always said that one day i would love to build my own track car :)

Soldato
I've always picked up new things, get really into them, then seem to drop them once I become any good.

Newest fad is my new crossbow! :cool:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Ironman training.... Kiss 70% all your free time goodbye :)

You also get to buy lots of kit which you can research on the couch in your constantly knackered (but healthy) state of existence :)

Soldato
Cars - It's an all encompassing interest*; Fixing and rebuilding them, going to race weekends, car shows, photography at the previously mentioned race weekends and car shows. It can further also extend to photoshopping existing cars or designing your own, sim racing and designing liveries for your sim cars.

*maybe obsession is a better adjective to describe my interest.

Associate
Writing is probably my main thing.
I took up writing science fiction when I was in my mid 20's to kill time when I was in bored in hospital and it's stuck with me ever since. I find it's a nice hobby for taking anywhere you go as you can either sit in the comfort of your own home and write on a computer, or take a little pad or a tablet/laptop and write while you're out around other people.

Outside of writing, I've dipped in and out of various other hobbies...
Done a bit of Saxon battle re-enactment with a local group, always drop in and out of programming, took up photography for a while, had a short eight month stint of being into carpentry and most recently had a few months of trying out landscape painting.

Soldato
Writing is probably my main thing.
I took up writing science fiction when I was in my mid 20's to kill time when I was in bored in hospital and it's stuck with me ever since. I find it's a nice hobby for taking anywhere you go as you can either sit in the comfort of your own home and write on a computer, or take a little pad or a tablet/laptop and write while you're out around other people.

Outside of writing, I've dipped in and out of various other hobbies...
Done a bit of Saxon battle re-enactment with a local group, always drop in and out of programming, took up photography for a while, had a short eight month stint of being into carpentry and most recently had a few months of trying out landscape painting.
Re enactment's brilliant, sounds really silly trying to describe it to people (and it is really) but is great fun with the right group.

Caporegime
Buying cars and fixing them up (even when the latter wasn't the intention) :rolleyes:

Driving, racing, drifting (though I'm pretty bad at the latter...)

Audio equipment and listening to music, I enjoy a nice hi-fi setup and some nice headphones, not only to use but also to look at! Nice audio equipment is beautiful, especially with especially with visible tubes or analogue VU meters!

Lock picking, I love sitting there with a padlock slowly working the key pins until it clicks open, I find it very therapeutic.

Tinkering with computers, building and upgrading them and measuring the performance benefit by gaming or benchmarking.

Interior design and layout planning in modelling software or sometimes in games.

Photo editing in photoshop or designing logos and things such as that, custom wallpapers, etc. Amazingly I've won a few things in competitions by doing this!

Back
Top Bottom