The "Top Gear", Season 24/25/26 thread

Man of Honour
It has funny moments, but it just lost something after Clarkson's crew left.

Those 3 just have a dynamic - when one fumbles another picks it up so well, etc. - I find that doesn't quite work with the current 3 especially in the studio, etc. there isn't anyone to carry Chris in the bits he obviously finds awkward.

Again they have 2 out of the 3 right and I have nothing against them individually but they don't quite have that magic ingredient.

Associate
Chris Harris and Freddie were on breakfast TV apparently, saying they were being moved to BBC1, so I guess it's going well?

Have to say I was surprised by the move to BBC1, I believe I am right in saying this is something they never felt it was necessary to do with Clarkson et al so unsure why the beeb have decided they need to do it, but hopefully shouldn't have too much bearing on the current content.

Pleased that this trio is being well received and have followed work by CH for a long time. Apart from the Chris Evans period I have never really held too much against the presenter line-ups and continued to watch as in the end its great to have a another car show! Can't complain as between Top gear and TGT we now have two great shows to loose an hour too. Long may it continue!!!

Caporegime
Personally the old trio was getting a bit tired and the show was getting more and more scripted as time went on. I liked le Blanc but Chris Evans was all wrong. Rory was a bit rubbish too. TGT is OK, but it’s still lost the old TG chaos and magic they had years ago.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
What should have been an epic episode turned out to be filler. That fella through the bollards did alright though didn't he

NVP

NVP

Soldato
What are your thoughts on the segment of rushed reviews? Seems a shame to cram multiple sections into one, spend a bit more time on each category I reckon.

Soldato
The Baja section really was an epic anticlimax! To the point where I'm surprised they even bothered to show it, I guess they had put so much money into it they had no choice.

The Harris car round up has obviously become an annual thing for them. Its predictable enough that you don't really need to bother watching it in any great detail and short enough that it doesn't eat into the program too much. I do agree on the Mazda 3 though, even more so with the saloon version.

Soldato
I actually quite enjoyed it. I don't miss Clarkson et al, they can be found on GT, but they aren't doing the old GT format now either.

I want to see reviews and comparisons of fast cars I could look to own. The 'specials' are fine but they should just be that.

Back
Top Bottom