• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 5600 XT vRAM utilisation

Associate
I have a Sapphire RX 5600 XT in a new build and on the first game (Civilization VI on high settings) i've fired it up on for a test run the VRAM utilisation % seems high sitting at 88% - 90% of the 6GB for the duration of play. Is this a normal occurrence to be so consistently high during play? Not having viewed diagnostics like this before (through the Radeon OEM software) it came as a bit of a shock, i had thought maybe on a FPS with high settings these sort of figures would occur

Associate
Unless you are having performance issues I would not worry about it. It does seem high to me for this type of game.

Associate
OP
Unless you are having performance issues I would not worry about it. It does seem high to me for this type of game.

It ran flawlessly in the game as far as I could tell, the level of detail compared to my old laptop with a Nvidia 760m on lowish settings was an eye opener. It was strange all other statistics including temperature where low and it didn't sound or look like there was any issue with, just the strangely high vram.

Soldato
It's probably a bug with radeon overlay reporting. This is quite common for me with Vega 64, sometimes even reporting usage above its actual capacity.

Also ran the graphics Gathering Storm benchmark on 4K max settings w/ Hi-Res textures and it was only using 4.2 GB of vram. Unless your game starts stuttering I wouldn't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom