• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Caporegime
Yawn nvidia getting desperate now, their marketing manager needs the mallet.

You are clearly to marketing what a gull is to an oil slick.

I've no idea why people were conflating this and the Huang "won't be disappointed" boast.
Of course you have an idea why... it's because people will believe and hope for the things they want to be true even when it goes against all logic and common sense.

Soldato
eh? Why are they desperate. No competition at the high end so keep rinsing the current cards. That is not desperate, it’s brilliant business.
Not good for us but certainly not desperate behaviour.
If it was a 3080ti showcasing a cyberpunk design I can understand, but an old card is not doing it for me :(

Soldato
Yawn nvidia getting desperate now, their marketing manager needs the mallet.

What?!

eh? Why are they desperate. No competition at the high end so keep rinsing the current cards. That is not desperate, it’s brilliant business.
Not good for us but certainly not desperate behaviour.

Exactly!

What's all this got to do with Ampere?

Nothing but they've also been hinting at something new being announced at GTC 2020 next month which is potentially going to be Ampere. I think the two things are getting a bit mixed up by some people.

Caporegime
I miss when entering a competition didn't involve grovelling by doing a retweet or whatever :(
I hear ya. I mean, I never entered the good kind of competition either, coz I'm a talentless hack. But it was nice to see what other people could come up with :p

"Say something nice about our products for a chance at free stuff" - if that's your thing, might as well become a hardware "reviewer" :p

Back
Top Bottom