Type R and VTEC owners

Associate
Has anybody had a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on an FK2 or an FK8.

Car needs a set of new boots and thinking of going for a set of these all round?

Apparently last a lot longer than the Conti's but supposed to be as good if not better?

Any real life opinions would be great.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Associate
Has anybody had a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on an FK2 or an FK8.

Car needs a set of new boots and thinking of going for a set of these all round?

Apparently last a lot longer than the Conti's but supposed to be as good if not better?

Any real life opinions would be great.

Cheers!

I have an FK8. I burnt through my front contis in about 5,000 miles. When they are nice and new they are great tyres, but they wear out stupidly fast. Having used MPS tyres on my previous 208gti and loved them I decided to go with MPS4s on my FK8 and I will be sticking with them for good. Very similar to the contis (perhaps better ‘all round’) and last much better. I need to order a couple of new ones for my front. Go for it!

Contis even before they get proper low/ minimum tread I cannot get any power down on most road surfaces in second gear and third also if the road is mildly moist or a bit scrabbly.

Associate
Thanks Lima! - just what I wanted to hear.

Will get a set ordered later - can get all 4 fitted for £554 through black circles so price great too (15% discount code valid till end of today).

BTW these will be going on my FK2.

Man of Honour
I have an FK8. I burnt through my front contis in about 5,000 miles. When they are nice and new they are great tyres, but they wear out stupidly fast. Having used MPS tyres on my previous 208gti and loved them I decided to go with MPS4s on my FK8 and I will be sticking with them for good. Very similar to the contis (perhaps better ‘all round’) and last much better. I need to order a couple of new ones for my front. Go for it!

Contis even before they get proper low/ minimum tread I cannot get any power down on most road surfaces in second gear and third also if the road is mildly moist or a bit scrabbly.
5000 miles is awful.

Associate
Yep 5,000 miles is shocking. Hence why I think the contis (OEM tyres) are a terrible purchase.

how can you get 4 for £500??? I pay £230-£260 a corner??? And I bought last ones from black circles? worth mentioning fk8 is 20” Wheels. Maybe that’s why mine were expensive?

Edit what is the discount code as I need 2 new fronts??,

Soldato
Morning all!

I'm a Honda fan and had a couple type R's myself
First being a 2005 cosmic grey EP3 with intake and manifold back exhaust system
Then had a 2010 alabaster Silver FN2 with some springs for better handling.

I then stupidly traded my FN2 in for a 2010 Skoda Octavia VRS diesel estate SO I'm now in the market for another hot honda

I have two young children ages 6 and 3 so need the rear doors, I've had a look around and come across a 2006 honda accord euro r CL7, JDM K20A engine with LSD, from what I can gather it's the same as the DC5 Integra with 4 doors and a longer body

Has anyone here owned or ones a CL7 euro r?
I feel a fast road setup with some eibach springs and camber bolts will be needed and a cold air intake and full exhaust to get that awesome honda sound!

Soldato
@Vita had one I believe...

I had the CL1.

@beasty6 The CL7 is a nice all round accord. It isn’t the fastest thing but should provide you with reliability and practicality. Do note some parts are unique to it, though I’m sure some can be fitted from the uk version 2.4 type s cl9.

I’d expect to pay between 6-8k for a decent one.

Do look at other alternatives though.

Soldato
@Vita what alternatives would you suggest? I looked at the FD2 but just can't justify the price of them, and the FK2 is out my price range unfortunately.

I've been looking at torque GT and they seem to have the euro r for 7-8k for fresh imports

Soldato
I had the regular UK CL7 which I loved to bits just cause it was stupidly reliable, practical and was great fun to drive despite only having 150bhp.

I've lusted over a Euro R for many years, the CL body style is beautiful and sleek, and I can only imagine it'll be the same as my old car except it has 220bhp and that awesome K20 vtec scream up to 8k rpm.

My ideal Euro R has to be in white with the standard spoiler, it's one of those cars that need something on the boot as it just looks bland without it.

^^This^^ https://www.torque-gt.co.uk/euro-r-140819.html

Why we never got this car is beyond me, even if it was just the standard 200bhp K20 and no LSD, but I guess that's the whole point of the CL9 K24 Type S I suppose.

Soldato
@Vita what alternatives would you suggest? I looked at the FD2 but just can't justify the price of them, and the FK2 is out my price range unfortunately.

I've been looking at torque GT and they seem to have the euro r for 7-8k for fresh imports

My CL1 was a torque GT imported car. Was very clean, and torque are very good. I only sold it as I got it cheap to begin with, and didn’t plan to keep it long. Just wanted to scratch that VTEC itch again.

The FD2 is a great car from people I’ve spoken to. I would really love to get one at some point in my life but they only seat 4, the suspension is stiff for our roads and again parts are difficult to get hold of with it being niche.

It depends what you want from a car? Does it have to be saloon? Have you considered something turbo charged petrol? Anything German?

If the Skoda serves its purpose I wouldn’t change but if you’re bored and want vtec then I guess the euro r is the best option for it.

Back
Top Bottom