• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
Tried Wolfenstein and it's a stutter fest with RTX on at 1080p.
Actually I'm finding performance rather bad in many newer games but older run smooth which means it's not a connection issue.
Strange, I've only tried Metro Exodus and it's really good in that game. I have Virgin Media 200Mb down.

Soldato
Tried Wolfenstein and it's a stutter fest with RTX on at 1080p.
Actually I'm finding performance rather bad in many newer games but older run smooth which means it's not a connection issue.
I tried WoW on it (before it was pulled the other day) and performance in that was quite poor. Not in terms of the actual streaming, which was fine, but the rendering of the game itself. Well under 60fps in one of the more demanding areas (Nazjatar), even after turning down some graphics settings in the in-game options. WoW's a game that relies on single-threaded CPU performance most of the time (though can in fact become GPU-limited in places at 1440p with a 2070S), so I'd guess that they're using quite a low-clocked chip to power things.

Soldato
Already tried still not working, also used DDU and still no control panel so I rolled back to 441.76 I think and the control panel has returned.
You have to download the Nvidia control panel from the Windows store if you're just installing the driver that the Nvidia site serves up by default now (it should do it automatically, but sometimes doesn't in my experience). Some Microsoft-forced initiative. You can still find the old-style package with it bundled by searching here (making sure to pick the "standard" driver type instead of the DCH one):

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx#

Associate
You have to download the Nvidia control panel from the Windows store if you're just installing the driver that the Nvidia site serves up by default now (it should do it automatically, but sometimes doesn't in my experience). Some Microsoft-forced initiative. You can still find the old-style package with it bundled by searching here (making sure to pick the "standard" driver type instead of the DCH one):

Thanks mate will try that much appreciated

Soldato
I tried WoW on it (before it was pulled the other day) and performance in that was quite poor. Not in terms of the actual streaming, which was fine, but the rendering of the game itself. Well under 60fps in one of the more demanding areas (Nazjatar), even after turning down some graphics settings in the in-game options. WoW's a game that relies on single-threaded CPU performance most of the time (though can in fact become GPU-limited in places at 1440p with a 2070S), so I'd guess that they're using quite a low-clocked chip to power things.

I imagine a Xeon E5-1650 v2 would be a bottleneck for a 2070 super if your signature is correct.

Soldato
I imagine a Xeon E5-1650 v2 would be a bottleneck for a 2070 super if your signature is correct.
I was talking about GeForce Now (a streaming service where the games run remotely), which requires only enough power to stream a video. The same area actually runs much better on this Xeon than whatever Nvidia are using for GFN, amusingly enough. Kind of irrelevant now anyway, since Activision-Blizzard have pulled WoW and all their other games from GFN anyway (apparently going to Google Stadia instead).

Caporegime

You cannot install the normal driver over the dch one.

You need to use ddu to uninstall the dch drivers. Then install the full driver package.

Permabanned

From another thread I posted in (and multiple others)

"NVIDIA "Maxwell" and "Pascal" graphics architectures introduced support for modern display connectivity to keep up with the breakneck pace at which display resolutions are scaling up.
The two introduce support for DisplayPort 1.4 and 1.3, however the implementation is less than perfect. Some of the newer monitors that leverage DisplayPort 1.4 or 1.3 standards don't function as designed on "Maxwell" (GeForce GTX 900 series) and "Pascal" (GeForce 10-series) graphics cards, with users reporting a range of bugs from blank screens until the operating system loads, to frozen boot sequences.

Unfortunately, these issues cannot be fixed by driver updates, and require graphics card BIOS updates. Luckily, you won't be at the mercy of lethargic AIC partners looking to limit their warranty claims by going slow on BIOS updates, or NVFlash rocket-science. NVIDIA released a tool which can detect if your graphics card needs the update, and then updates the BIOS for you, from within Windows.

The app first unloads your driver, and flashes your graphics card BIOS (a process which must not be interrupted, lest you end up with an expensive brick)."

https://www.nvidia.com/content/Driv...ter_1.0-x64.exe&firmware=1&lang=us&type=Other

Just to be clear, this does not update your vendors GPU Bios (it will remain MSI's etc and same Build #), it is a Firmware Update for the DisplayPort black screen issue.

My EVGA 1080Ti FE needed it (I never had the issue AFAIK) but Titan Xp already had it.

Caporegime
GeForce Game Ready v442.50 WHQL Released.

Game Ready for Apex Legends, Division 2, and ARK

The new Game Ready Driver provides optimal support for Apex Legends: Season 4, The Division 2 Warlords of New York expansion, and ARK: Genesis Part 1.

New Features and Other Changes

• Added security updates for driver components.
  • VRSS profiles added for the following VR applications to enable VRSS.
    • VRChat
    • Budget Cuts 2: Mission Insolvency
    • The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners
    • Doctor Who
    • PokerStarsVR
Support For Newly Validated G-SYNC Compatible Displays
Our newest Game Ready Driver driver adds support for three previously-announced G-SYNC Compatible displays – gaming monitors that deliver a baseline Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) experience that makes your gaming smoother, clearer, and more enjoyable.

The newly-validated monitors are the AOC AG271FZ2, AOC AG271F1G2, and ASUS PG43U, giving gamers even more choice when searching for a great gaming display.

For a complete list of all G-SYNC, G-SYNC ULTIMATE, and G-SYNC Compatible gaming monitors, check out our handy and frequently updated G-SYNC page, which can be sorted and filtered, helping you quickly find the ideal display.

Fixed Issues
  • [Apex Legends]: The game may crash with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887A0006. [2679551]
  • [Mortal Kombat]: The game may randomly crash to the desktop without error [2813996]
  • [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Vulkan][HDR]:Corrupted flickering occurs when in-game HDR is enabled. [200585136]
  • [Battleye][Low-Latency Mode]: Launching Battleye with NVIDIA Low Latency Mode set to Ultra may cause DWM to reset. [2834199]
  • [Twitch Studio]: The app shows corruption when Image Sharpening is enabled globally from the NVIDIA Control Panel [2811830]
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed crashes when playing in a water level. [2826669]
  • [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Vulkan]: Game may flicker when in-game HDR is enabled. [200585136]
  • [Red Dead Redemption 2][Vulkan]: Random crashes occur during gameplay on Pascal and older GPUs.[2822927]
Known Issues
  • [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Ansel/Freestyle]: The Ansel & Freestyle tabs are unselectable. [2810884]
  • [Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege][Vulkan][G-SYNC]: When playing the game in Vulkan mode with G-SYNC enabled, flickering occurs after switching the game between full-screen and windowed mode.[200578641]
    To work around, either disable G-SYNC or play using an API other than Vulkan

Last edited:
Soldato
[Apex Legends]: The game may crash with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887A0006. [2679551]

So happy about this. Maybe it will stop all the disconnects from people as well.

(Remember... only AMD have driver issues * roll eyes *. )

Back
Top Bottom