Caroline Flack RIP

Soldato
Sigh you are making a mess of these posts now.

To be honest, you're doing that yourself by not only over-simplifying suicide (worthy of a facepalm alone) but also desperately gunning the financially stable angle when in reality, suicides occur to all manner of people from all walks of life regardless of wealth.

But by all means, carry on with your faux outrage at meaningless financial figures that someone posted from some website! :rolleyes:

Caporegime
Sigh you are making a mess of these posts now. Especially the mortgage bit why are you so confused? If she never squandered the money, Then why is the house an issue?

I'm not confused. Why is the house an issue? Well because losing or having to sell your home after losing your job/main source of income is generally a big blow for most people. I'm starting to think you're lacking in empathy or have a low EQ or something here if you're unable to understand that.

she was a rich lady who we suspect earned 250k and was worth 6m and you are still using financial issues as a reason for her suicide.

Firstly you don't know she was worth 6 million. Yes the potential loss of her home and career might well be significant factors here - these are not exactly uncommon when it comes to suicides! In addition to fears over her relationship, negative publicity etc...

Do you suppose she killed herself for no reason and had no worries at all?

Its a total non issue because she was rich and if thiers any actual mortgage trouble then it a sure sign they squandered the money and self inflicted a financial mess.

This again makes no sense. Being rich is relative - literally everyone in the UK is rich, as pointed out before, relative to a big chunk of the worlds population. Being relatively rich doesn't absolve you of having problems, set backs etc..

Supposing she had squandered her wealth - so what? What does the situation being self inflicted have to do with anything?

Permabanned
I'm not confused. Why is the house an issue? Well because losing or having to sell your home after losing your job/main source of income is generally a big blow for most people. I'm starting to think you're lacking in empathy or have a low EQ or something here if you're unable to understand that.

Firstly you don't know she was worth 6 million. Yes the potential loss of her home and career might well be significant factors here - these are not exactly uncommon when it comes to suicides! In addition to fears over her relationship, negative publicity etc...

Do you suppose she killed herself for no reason and had no worries at all?

This again makes no sense. Being rich is relative - literally everyone in the UK is rich, as pointed out before, relative to a big chunk of the worlds population. Being relatively rich doesn't absolve you of having problems, set backs etc..

Supposing she had squandered her wealth - so what? What does the situation being self inflicted have to do with anything?

I never said she had no reasons, I said they are minor issues compared to others. But fair enough all you defensive white knights can have the thread to yourself then and talk a bunch of soppy bs about her

Just like the media... And fyi i have a high EQ i think compared to all the people i know i think EQ was something i was good at. But empathy is hard in the case of this one because as i said she was rich, Self inflicted a load of the problems and was generally a very privileged person.

Soldato
...as i said she was rich, Self inflicted a load of the problems and was generally a very privileged person.

Now we're getting to the crux of it, you're jealous because some randomer earned more money than you; why didn't you say that a few pages back?! It would have saved a load of hassle, and headaches, for the rest of us :D

Soldato
I never said she had no reasons, I said they are minor issues compared to others. But fair enough all you defensive white knights can have the thread to yourself then and talk a bunch of soppy bs about her

Just like the media... And fyi i have a high EQ i think compared to all the people i know i think EQ was something i was good at. But empathy is hard in the case of this one because as i said she was rich, Self inflicted a load of the problems and was generally a very privileged person.

For someone with a high EQ you’re good at hiding it.

Caporegime

You seem to have focused purely on money and are apparently oblivious to the effect that various other potential major issues might have had such as potential loss of home, career, relationship and the reputation/adverse publicity (not just embarrassing yourself in front of the school or being the talk of the village but some moment when she was at a real low point being documented and sensationalised in national newspapers for millions to read).

I can only presume that perhaps money is something you personally are focused on and for whatever reason you're unable to see things from other perspectives.... which is rather odd given your apparently high EQ.

FYI while having some money can avoid some aspects of unhappiness IIRC beyond say 60 or 70k per year salary additional income makes no difference.

Losing a home, losing a career, reputation etc.. can affect anyone negatively. Oh but they have some money still isn't some instant get out of depression ticket you seem to be implying.

Soldato
To be fair Rofflay, I never thought I'd be put into a white knight group with stockhausen and dowie, so at least you've achieved something.

Soldato
Of course this story is incredibly sad but these online social media influencer types are quick enough to lap up the likes, endorsements and sponsors. They're happy enough to show off their 'perfect' lives on social media so why shouldn't they face scrutiny when things go down south.

Soldato
Just read her wiki page and her dating life looks like a who's who list of celebrities. Seems like a superficial life in show business lead to her demise.

Soldato

Not sure she was even mentioned on the BBC news this evening, and love Island rolls on,
so any hope that this high visibility death might lead to some introspection into social media's role seems lost, again. (Molly russell ...)
nonetheless with the demographics of the bbc viewers, I'm not sure many of us would have seen an episode of love island anyway.

The UK tech 'industry' rejection of any kind of proposed ceo accountability, last week, was a further indication of profit at all costs ... Boris could do something useful.

The Yale education essay, claiming that the term ********* was inappropriate ..... .. google tells me,
like Boris's educational heritage, it is a very priviliged/rich clientelle, who, too, have had resilience training, so not representative of general education.

Soldato
Caroline's family have released one of her unpublished Instagram posts.

What has happened to the UK? When did we become such a gossipy, toxic little ****hole?

RIP.

"For a lot of people, being arrested for common assault is an extreme way to have some sort of spiritual awakening but for me it's become the normal.

"I've been pressing the snooze button on many stresses in my life - for my whole life. I've accepted shame and toxic opinions on my life for over 10 years and yet told myself it's all part of my job. No complaining.

"The problem with brushing things under the carpet is they are still there and one day someone is going to lift that carpet up and all you are going to feel is shame and embarrassment.

"On December the 12th 2019 I was arrested for common assault on my boyfriend. Within 24 hours my whole world and future was swept from under my feet and all the walls that I had taken so long to build around me collapsed. I am suddenly on a different kind of stage and everyone is watching it happen.

"I have always taken responsibility for what happened that night. Even on the night. But the truth is... It was an accident.

"I've been having some sort of emotional breakdown for a very long time.

"But I am NOT a domestic abuser. We had an argument and an accident happened. An accident. The blood that someone SOLD to a newspaper was MY blood and that was something very sad and very personal.

"The reason I am talking today is because my family can't take anymore. I've lost my job. My home. My ability to speak. And the truth has been taken out of my hands and used as entertainment.

"I can't spend every day hidden away being told not to say or speak to anyone.

"I'm so sorry to my family for what I have brought upon them and for what my friends have had to go through.

"I'm not thinking about 'how I'm going to get my career back.' I'm thinking about how I'm going to get mine and my family's life back."

Edit: source https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51557180

Last edited:
Caporegime
""The reason I am talking today is because my family can't take anymore. I've lost my job. My home. My ability to speak. And the truth has been taken out of my hands and used as entertainment."

But but she was a high earner - she could buy a small house in some random town and go live there - at least she's not homeless right????

Who cares about losing a home, a career and being the subject of negative coverage in the national press?

Soldato
Actually name calling sort of makes you an idiot also then. And you proved my point if homeless people can get on with life, Then why not fairly successful celeb?

Because mental health issues are no respecter of income or status. Saying "I understand" doesn't actually mean you do as you have clearly demonstrated here.

Associate
"But I am NOT a domestic abuser. We had an argument and an accident happened. An accident. The blood that someone SOLD to a newspaper was MY blood and that was something very sad and very personal.

This makes no sense.. the story i read yesterday said her boyfriend was asleep in a bed and she hit him over the head with a lamp... not quite an accident in my book.

Unless the story was completely fabricated??

Soldato
I think depression and suicidal thoughts are relative to the person.

I'm disabled and I've had people tell me if they had a car accident and ended up in a wheelchair they would kill themselves. I've read stories were people have done that.

So its all relative.

Soldato
Mental health issues completely overwrite other things.

Depression is nasty it doesn’t matter how successful you are in life, you can be comfortable have all the things in the world and it will still take you down.

With everything surrounding her and all the drama, you only need see her unpublished tweets to understand her frame of mind.

It’s pathetic that some of you can’t understand this.

I’m sure rofflay is the type to tell a bloke to man up if they are depressed.

Back
Top Bottom