Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Cathy Newman is a newsreader who went viral for trying to misrepresent what Jordan Peterson said in an interview, by stating "So what you're saying is..." after listening to his answers.

I'm not somebody who listed to or follows Jordan Peterson, but it was a car crash interview.

You keep doing the same thing to people here.

Soldato
Cathy Newman is a newsreader who went viral for trying to misrepresent what Jordan Peterson said in an interview, by stating "So what you're saying is..." after listening to his answers.

I'm not somebody who listed to or follows Jordan Peterson, but it was a car crash interview.

Maybe it's because I'm trying to understand your opinion and or suggested solution.

So feel free to answer the question.

Soldato

You did that as well when you posted
You're suggesting most Americans want even more lax gun laws?

Seems to be the same as "So what you're saying is"

Soldato
While i cannot prove or disprove this, I'd say the majority of US citizens are not against reasonable gun controls as long as their rights are not infringed.

In many states they already have this but not all states are taking a reasonable approach.

The big issue being avoided by the leftists here, is stopping criminals getting hold of guns no matter how the reasonable the background checks are. Take guns away from the criminals first then the citizens.....

I fail to see how taking guns away from the criminals is even possible. Sure they may not be able to access them as easily but they will still get them if they want. Gun crime still happens in the UK after all.

Caporegime
You did that as well when you posted

Seems to be the same as "So what you're saying is"

No

"So what you're saying is xxxxx" - That's a statement

"You're suggesting most Americans want even more lax gun laws?" is a question, asking for clarification to somebody who has entered in the middle of a debate about gun laws and said this:

I think what you'll find is the "more and more" people that want something done are actually a minority of very vocal social justice keyboard warriors, when the reality is most people want the opposite.

Associate
I fail to see how taking guns away from the criminals is even possible. Sure they may not be able to access them as easily but they will still get them if they want. Gun crime still happens in the UK after all.

Why have laws at all if you're worried criminals are just going to ignore them?

Soldato
No

"So what you're saying is xxxxx" - That's a statement

"You're suggesting most Americans want even more lax gun laws?" is a question, asking for clarification to somebody who has entered in the middle of a debate about gun laws and said this:

No, if you has asked it as a question such as "So, are you suggesting most Americans want even more lax gun laws?" would have been a question asking for clarification.

"You're suggesting most Americans want even more lax gun laws?" is a statement, asking for clarification..

Soldato

Exactly and one of the main issues that supporters of human rights in the US has when the left want to remove those rights. Of course, those leftist like minded people here will not broach that as they know they cannot argue that from their position.

Soldato
And millions of Americans agree with him. So your point is?

My point is, as posted earlier, let the US citizens decide in a democratic manner. If they vote for a government that then removes those human rights, then they will have to live with those consequences whatever they maybe.

Caporegime
No, that's why existing laws etc are in place. Not perfect but checks and balances are in place for this but sometimes things go wrong.

There arent though. Trump reversed a rule that stopped mentally ill people from owning guns, presumably because it infringed their human rights?

And how can you agree that its fine to have a law that convicted criminals cant legally own guns but then say that the 2nd amendment has to be protected and that there should be no restrictions?

Soldato
Trump reversed a rule that stopped mentally ill people from owning guns

Fact checked and is not the case.

Mostly True
About this rating
What's True
President Trump rescinded a rule that would have provided a new way to enforce existing background check restrictions on gun sales by allowing a transfer of information from one agency to another.

What's False
President Trump's action did not completely eliminate background checks for gun purchases (by the mentally ill or anyone else).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom