Whit's Yer Hing?

Caporegime
If people exercise, they will injure themselves. Weightlifting injuries are often small as well.

Ronnie Coleman ****** himself by abusing his body, not by doing squats 3 times a week. Coleman took bodybuilding to its absolute limit, that's why he's so broken. It's not because weightlifting is dangerous.

Have you ever seen anyone end up like coleman from swimming?

Again as stated before there is a reason why bodybuilding is near the top of the injury list as opposed to the bottom.

Permabanned
That's something I've really gotten into these past 2 years. Decided I needed to loose about 3 stone and did most of it via cardio and a solid diet plan. Would have given up about half way through if it weren't for discovering how much I enjoy weight training. Hit that 3 stone mark last year and have now but half of that back as muscle (or mostly, it seems). Couldn't live without it now. It's helped so many aspects of my life. My mental health is leagues better as a result.

I drift in and out of obsessing over Greek mythology and WWII all the time. Recently had a big thing for just general engineering. Became obsessed with Fred Dibnah for a few months.

Soldato
Have you ever seen anyone end up like coleman from swimming?

Again as stated before there is a reason why bodybuilding is near the top of the injury list as opposed to the bottom.

you can drown from swimming to be fair.

Exactly. If Ronnie Coleman had taken the same amount of drugs and pushed his body in the same way for swimming then I imagine there would be similar results.

Caporegime
That's something I've really gotten into these past 2 years. Decided I needed to loose about 3 stone and did most of it via cardio and a solid diet plan. Would have given up about half way through if it weren't for discovering how much I enjoy weight training. Hit that 3 stone mark last year and have now but half of that back as muscle (or mostly, it seems). Couldn't live without it now. It's helped so many aspects of my life. My mental health is leagues better as a result.

I drift in and out of obsessing over Greek mythology and WWII all the time. Recently had a big thing for just general engineering. Became obsessed with Fred Dibnah for a few months.

Which is precisely why I said calisthenics type regime a mix of cardio and weights routine which are either bodyweight or light would be far better for him than bodybuilding.

Permabanned
Which is precisely why I said calisthenics type regime a mix of cardio and weights routine which are either bodyweight or light would be far better for him than bodybuilding.

Depends really. If you're referring to the comment I made about my mental health, I haven't done solid cardio for a year or so, purely strength and resistance work. It's not just what it does to your body chemically I feel, it's more about finding something to be passionate about. If bodybuilding is you're thing then go for it.

Caporegime
Depends really. If you're referring to the comment I made about my mental health, I haven't done solid cardio for a year or so, purely strength and resistance work. It's not just what it does to your body chemically I feel, it's more about finding something to be passionate about. If bodybuilding is you're thing then go for it.

I agree that decent muscle mass and good technique will improve things like posture which will improve other things like your mental health they all have knock on effects.

bodybuilding at 45 is a terrible idea especially if you have never done it before. There is a lot of other much better options that will overall be better for someone.

I've done it got the T Shirt and moved onto a much more balanced routine.

Commissario
@Psycho Sonny please can you stop preaching your opinion as fact? It's pretty tiresome - fine to have an opinion, but preaching it like it's the only correct way is not on.

Weights and cardio mixture works for you - great. It's not the only way.
And suggesting someone takes it up at 45 being a terrible idea is frankly, not true.

Soldato
I'm currently teaching myself Music Production, I can lose hours to it. I have also been powerlifting in my garage for the past 2 years, love it. Between those, work, wife and 3 kids I'm kept pretty busy.

Back
Top Bottom