Sonic The Hedgehog

Associate
Saw it today also with my 6 year old son and we both loved it.

Everyone in the *packed* cinema enjoyed it, laughing along at the jokes etc, that's what i'd call a successful movie.

+1 for the end credits!

Associate
Went this afternoon with my 5yr old, he loved it.

I went in with an open mind, wasn't on my radar to watch really, but came away pleasantly surprised.

Fun movie, Jim Carey is just full on.

As above cinema was packed

Soldato
A thought on the mid-credit scene (spoiler):

Wonder what Tails looked like before they redesigned Sonic: I assume he'd have also looked similarly terrifying. Hope they release the original of his look sometime

Associate
Saw this last night, went in with no expectations but really enjoyed it. Theres some nice touches for fans of the games and the end credit scene was brilliant

I still dont believe that original design was real

Soldato
Took the kids to see it last week. It wasn't terrible...there were actually a couple of really funny gags. Overall it was just meh, but certainly not a disaster. Jim Carrey was actually pretty subdued by his standards.

I'd give it a 6/10.

Soldato
Just seen this now. It’s not amazing but not bad either. Totally safe in terms of story, feels like the writers could have showed a bit more ambition.

Also Sonic is treading a fine line between being needy and just being outright irritating. Robotnik also seems to have been changed into an outright **** rather than a madman, i’m unsold on that change. But Carrey is in fine form here and works well with what he is given.

Oh, and as a Sonic veteran, you cannot mess with the lore. Sonic was created in the same lab accident that created Robotnik and they are from the same world. The opening part immediately made my skin crawl for that reason.

Looking past that though, it’s mildly decent. Got a few chuckles out of me and I watched it to the end without getting distracted.

I’m plonking down a 7/10 for this one.

Back
Top Bottom