Anyone else feeling left out these days when it comes to new movies and tv shows?

Soldato
Overall I would say things have been amazing over the last 10 years, The Wire, Breaking Bad, GOT (for a while) True Detective, Peaky Blinders (first couple of seasons) etc etc. There have been some landmark TV programs.

I do wonder how long this is going to last though. I really enjoy shows set in the 20th century or in foreign history. I think its harder and harder to tell interesting modern day stories because society is less hierarchical, more global and connected which actually makes for a pretty boring setting for escapism.

Last edited:
Associate
I agree with both points on this. It seems to have passed now, but around 12 months ago everything seemed to include LGBT stuff in a very over the top way as if they were trying to be edgy and prove it was diverse.

We also watch a few episodes and then forget, i think because if something doesn't grab you in that amount of time you know there'll be something else that will because of the sheer volume of shows.

Agree, if its not for me, move onto another.

However when I am drawn into a series - I still have an annoying habit of starting and moving onto another!

Bosch, Man in the High Castle & Black Sails I never finished. Nothing to do with the shows as they are each very good - its simply my viewing habits.

Sometimes, instead of resuming a series, I will pick a random film or documentary etc. By the time I resume Bosch etc, I have forgotten the last episode or two! The thought of re-watching an episode puts me off; so I park for another day. When the time comes, its been months so I feel the need to start the series from scratch - only something new has come along so I postpone yet again!

Missed out on the hype with GOT, Breaking Bad, Battlestar & The Soprano's - all on the list - one day I will watch! :)

Back
Top Bottom