**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Associate
I enjoy reading your posts. You are clearly as conflicted as I am and struggling with the eternal hunt for the non-existent perfect smart phone in order to convince yourself that it'll be a device you'll keep for "a long time". :D

Haha, certainly am conflicted and probably need to find a new hobby, basically what I need is a pixel camera with S20 hardware specs and battery

I have my Note 10+ packed away for trade in and I'm.using my one plus 7 pro.very nearly perfect apart from camera and lack of wireless charging...

I should probably just not pre order the S20 ultra and wait for the one plus 8 pro before ordering.... The voices are too strong for my weak mind

Soldato
I should probably just not pre order the S20 ultra and wait for the one plus 8 pro before ordering.... The voices are too strong for my weak mind

I'm (almost certainly) waiting for the OP8. I can't in good conscience go to my wife and tell her I've spent another £700 on a phone (after Note 10+ trade in). Far better for me to wait and pick up a £700-£750 OP 8 Pro if it's a decent device.

I also made a decision not to buy another Apple on the basis that they were responsible for pushing the ceiling price of phones so much. I can't therefore allow Samsung to get away with it either. (For anyone wondering, I didn't pay anything like asking price for the Note 10+).

Associate
the quality of 100x zoom images are very disappointing to be honest
Sorry but else was you expecting lol. a 100 zoom packed into a phone and first gen at that, It will get better as updates are pushed out but it will still be terrible for a few years yet until technology catches up. I think you will find its a sales gimmick.
Just my £2

Associate
Sorry but else was you expecting lol. a 100 zoom packed into a phone and first gen at that, It will get better as updates are pushed out but it will still be terrible for a few years yet until technology catches up. I think you will find its a sales gimmick.
Just my £2
Not interested in the 100x zoom personally, more decent quality pics in day time and different lighting conditions, apparently the increased sensor size is meant to help considerably or so they say...

Associate
Exactly, but the 10x is much more interesting, though I can't offhand remember how much 'hybrid' element there is in the S20 Ultra's 10x.

5x is maximum optical zoom, 10x is hybrid.

Saw an interesting post on Xda that the Exynos can only handle 12gb of RAM, not that you need 16gb. EU customers being short changed, people were looking and it appears there is no ram specs on the EU site for this very reason, misleading if true. Apparently a Samsung rep confirmed this to be the case.

Soldato
From what I've seen so far, 10x zoom looks pretty much perfect, 30x still looks good and then 100x is obviously not great quality. Can't imagine any good reason to ever go above 30x tbh

Soldato
Just my £2

£1200...........lol

just my £2

Caporegime
Why on earth would you be baffled that people enjoy different software to your preference? People like what suits them best, irrespective of what suits you best.

Samsung internet is the only browser I can use entirely one handed. Sure on Chrome you can move the menu bar to the bottom if you muck about, but the favourites menu is still out of reach.

Apologies, It wasn't meant to be derogatory.

I've never actually used it, I'm so reliant on Google's ecosystem - Though I did recently start using Chromium on the Surface Pro X which is decent. I kind assumed most people binned most of the default Samsung software off straight away.

Associate
people fussed about native res and 120hz are silly.

that res is pointless on a screen that size.

That is very true but.... When i buy a flagship item or a high end item i always want to try and get the best out of it be it pc graphics card or a tv or a phone or a tablet lol. you mayby correct in that you wont notice that much, But i think most of it is to do with the fact "it can go higher" so therefore i want it to go higher if yo know what i mean. lol
Erm did that even make sense

Associate
I kind assumed most people binned most of the default Samsung software off straight away.

I find the Samsung software pretty good, on my S8+ it was a bit of a chore as the hardware wasn't a good match for the software so the experience was a bit glitchy but on the S10 everything is slick as it should have been all a long.

just started using Bixby routines and find it quite good, easier to set up than google assistant, also quite like Samsung Health biggest downside is that they are trying to be Korean Apple and expecting you to have Samsung hardware to accompany it, similar to how they have done away with standards in the TV spaces to go their own way (and why I now have an LG TV)

Soldato
people fussed about native res and 120hz are silly.

that res is pointless on a screen that size.
There is a noticeable difference on the OnePlus 7T Pro. I'm not sure if it's their implementation or what. Now there's absolutely no difference in sharpness I agree however when I set my 7t Pro to FHD the font sizes all go up a notch. I tend to run with the smallest font available so I can fit as much as possible on the screen. So that's one drawback in changing resolution.

Back
Top Bottom