I collect and train battletoads, AMA

Permabanned
OP
I assume Creatine isn't recommended due to the dehydration effects on toads, so what alternative if any would you recommend?

I hear maximuscle, phd and myprotein are thinking of launching a special toad range later in the year.

Guess you can't beat a good old traditional diet of flies though.

Have you ever wondered if the reason Tony never seem to perform that well was due to his lower testosterone levels, due to the fact he spent many hours in the field with lady toads.

If I'm honest, I don't give any of my pupils supplements as a balanced diet with plenty of naturally occurring sources of protein is better for long term health imo. Plus, you can't really top sauteed crickets and grubs with a side of bullrushes.

I think Tony was attacked by a lizard when he was a young toad and it has traumatised him for life. We tried a few different behavioural therapies to cure him, but none of them seemed to have worked. I do sometimes worry that he has descended too far into madness though.

Capodecina
Soldato
I'm suspicious, this is clearly a returnee. Very confident tone and he knows about old posters. Also TinEye brings up over 200 matches for the second photo, some going back over ten years.

Permabanned
OP
I'm suspicious, this is clearly a returnee. Very confident tone and he knows about old posters. Also TinEye brings up over 200 matches for the second photo, some going back over ten years.

I don't think so. I spend a lot of time travelling the cosmos with my battletoads and am interviewed on Space Sports News quite regularly - maybe you saw the recent panel debate I participated in on the timing and structure of the junior battletoad superleague? (I am against it coinciding with pancake day, FYI, some things are sacred).

All I have to say to this is WTF why would you let animals battle? :mad:

Who are we to deny battletoads their rights to battle each other for the glory being the universe's last line of defence against evil space wizards is the more pertinent question imo.

Soldato
Well, thanks for reading! Ask me any questions you have about battletoads!

You're welcome!

Could you please share the settings you use for Tank's benches during training? I understand that 1.5v on the core is the absolute limit for Battletoads, but judging by the photo, Tank looks to be touching 1.6 with no sign of Vdroop?

Also, do you use Fluffers prior to competitive battle? I ask, because Tank looks proper solid.

TIA

Permabanned
OP
You're welcome!

Could you please share the settings you use for Tank's benches during training? I understand that 1.5v on the core is the absolute limit for Battletoads, but judging by the photo, Tank looks to be touching 1.6 with no sign of Vdroop?

Also, do you use Fluffers prior to competitive battle? I ask, because Tank looks proper solid.

TIA

Electroshock during training has widely been discontinued in training regimen these days, which is a relief as it was often done in some very inhumane ways. Tank is all natural and his 'juiced' appearance is down to clean eating and extreme dedication to his craft.

Generally speaking, during tournaments and the training immediately prior to tournaments, my battletoads are separated from their spouses to encourage them to focus on their combat performance.

Soldato
When are space sports ppv going to start their 4k hdr feed? and any news on the apple tv app?

also, if you are a trainer, any discount codes on the ppv event? £19.95 is a bit steep.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Hahaha :D

I was wondering if one could follow this approach for use when training turtles in martial arts and weaponry?

Permabanned
OP
I was once interviewed for a job in Brighton by a guy called Richard Head, was this you in a past life?

It could well have been! I used to work between Brighton and Horsham for a period in the 2000s.

When are space sports ppv going to start their 4k hdr feed? and any news on the apple tv app?

also, if you are a trainer, any discount codes on the ppv event? £19.95 is a bit steep.

I think they abandoned wider roll out of their 4k feed after the Zambalonian Olympics debacle, which is why it never made it to the Milky Way's relay satellites. I have it on good authority that they're very close to having their 8k feed ready for mass deployment though, so keep an eye out for it! Discount codes are usually available for most PPV events, I'll share them with the thread once I know what they are. :)

Hahaha :D

I was wondering if one could follow this approach for use when training turtles in martial arts and weaponry?

I never ventured into turtle martial arts, but a friend of mine who trains them tells me it costs him a fortune in Dominos and Papa Johns bills just to keep them well fed.

Associate
1) Is there a seedy underground scene for unsanctioned battles?

2) How much would a Battletoad like Tank sell for as a stud for future generations? I imagine he's quite a hit with the ladytoads?

3) Is there an illegal market for betting on fights?

Soldato
Mostly sparring with one another, usually whilst wearing heavy items of attire to increase their strength and endurance. In between sparring it will be a mixture of cardio and weightlifting, stilted more in favour of the latter.

so how do you get a toad to weightlift? do you just but heavy things on top of them and see if they can squeeze out from under them?

Back
Top Bottom