Do you agree with Ninja regarding Losing?

Soldato
An "element", such as what.....other than getting good drops.

In games with loads of people on a map luck is a very big part of it. Try Planetside 2...

You can do things to help your chances, but much of the time you get killed by something you didnt see coming.

Caporegime
While it makes sense in a professional sense (why would anyone not be angry about their day job not going well?), this is far more about rationalising his outbursts as being reasonable.

There are plenty of people who don't need to resort to such displays of outrage that are successful enough to see that behaviour as unjustified. Then again, people (if we can scarcely call them that) love outrage culture, clickbait and other forms of low effort gratification... so maybe there's no point criticising it, in the end there's an audience for this **** and there's money to be made on abusing them.

Ultimately, Ninja found a way to make a living and I don't begrudge him that, but attempting to justify the reasons why he's successful, is probably a double-edged sword best avoided for someone so high-profile.

Last edited:
Caporegime
No way can I get angry at losing at a video game, but my brother still rages at fut champs defeats and he’s 26, but it’s normally more a rage towards the game itself than losing it. He insists FIFA has a vendetta against him :rolleyes:

However, I used to play pool at quite a high level. Local league and also national level, and sometimes I would be steaming when I lost a rack, but that was normally to do with anger at my own mistakes or a poor table than anything else. Could take me a good half hour to calm down though.

Soldato
Isn't that exactly it?

If two players of equal skill are against each other and one stumbles across a legendary gun early, then they have an advantage.

The bloom mechanic also brings an element of randomness to the shooting part of the game. I am not sure how prevalent it is on the PC version but I am sure its incorporated into the coding on all platforms. Its not a case of aim for the head and you will get a headshot, it adds distance, movement of both the characters, if you are standing/crouched and how long you have been aiming and then adds rng to if you will hit or not. What ratio that is would also be dependent on even more variables.

Caporegime
While I do take losing as a challenge to improve I don’t get angry or frustrated. I’m too old to have these twitch responses some spotty oik in his bedroom running low for pro settings on his 200Hz 1080P monitor when I have a huge one running with high settings to make my game look good.

Soldato
Something I do agree with him about, along with other Pro level players is the inability for Epic to do much about stream snipers. There are forums and reddit threads full of idiots that prime goal is to stream snipe pros for their second of fame, "I killed Ninja, I killed Tfue etc etc" I have no problem with them raging about them.

Soldato
Something I do agree with him about, along with other Pro level players is the inability for Epic to do much about stream snipers. There are forums and reddit threads full of idiots that prime goal is to stream snipe pros for their second of fame, "I killed Ninja, I killed Tfue etc etc" I have no problem with them raging about them.

Why should they do anything about it?

If you are steaming your location all over the internet then its your own fault.

Soldato
Because there are hundreds if not thousands of games going on at every moment and for an individual to be able to get into a specific game that a streamer is in to grief them is silly. I don't believe its to do with the streamer but there must be some indicator to snipers (I believe its something to do with the long string of numbers and letters on the top left of the screen) that allows them to locate which specific game/server etc is in that is not masked.

Back
Top Bottom