• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rtx 2060 KO or 5700? (Resolved - 2060 used)

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
give it a rest. If any of these happened to an Nvidia product each news item would have its own thread.

Wink and emote your way on. DYOR and get your facts straight. Look what they released today. :confused::rolleyes:;):o

~2m56s in:

100% of ALL Strix cards sold before and shortly after that video was made, suffered from the exact same design flaw.

Asus has since backtracked on their stance.

ASUS beg to differ and with all the problems this series has had I am more likely to take their side ;)

;):o:o

Last edited:
Soldato
Wink and emote your way on. DYOR and get your facts straight. Look what they released today. :confused::rolleyes:;):o

~2m56s in:

Asus has since backtracked on their stance.

;):o:o
Youtubers and their hubris he really thinks because of his video a corporation made that decision, deluded. Mind you got to feed the algorithm.

That video was made today. I don't get your point :confused:

It's cute that you defend a company who couldn't care less about you with such vigour :p No doubt you'll reply with some more 'facts' you spent hours to uncover ;)

Soldato
OP
Where does it say they used fewer screws than recommended :confused: Your analogy makes no sense?

Why is it 'misinformation'? Just because you don't agree with the narrative. AMD has had plenty of time to reply to this story but has stayed silent.

It doesnt make sense to you.

A massive cooler designed by ASUS an inadequate retention system that is unable to retain the pressure recommended by AMD due to this inadequacy.

Lets be very clear, no other partners were struggling like this. Strange that...

Soldato
If it was AMD's fault, why didn't all the other AIB's suffer the same problem? Surely they all got told the same?

Dont feed the troll.

That video was made today. I don't get your point :confused:

It took me 2 mins as the new video was uploaded today (they uncovered this brands shortcomings months ago - this is an update FIRST-VIDEO VIDEO 2 hint click links as you must not have before) but when you have blinkers on and have no substance to back up your points you belong with the other internet warriors winking about, thinking your funny when in reality you have more issues than this.

I guess it may take others hours.. perhaps brush up your skills and read/watch before engaging on keyboard?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
If it was AMD's fault, why didn't all the other AIB's suffer the same problem? Surely they all got told the same?

Lol.. didn't see this before i made my comment. Absolutely agree.

EDIT: I just watched that hardware unboxed video..lol. mentions time after time about failure to attach the cooler correctly for such a heavy cooler. And mounting pressue... Even the cooler came away from the thrrmal pads .. how much more proof is needed that Asus screwed up for some people to realize it wasnt AMD.

Last edited:
Soldato
Dont feed the troll.

It took me 2 mins as the new video was uploaded today (they uncovered this brands shortcomings months ago - this is an update FIRST-VIDEO VIDEO 2 hint click links as you must not have before) but when you have blinkers on and have no substance to back up your points you belong with the other internet warriors winking about, thinking your funny when in reality you have more issues than this.

I guess it may take others hours.. perhaps brush up your skills and read/watch before engaging on keyboard?

It's a sad time when you take everything a Youtuber says as gospel :mad:

Again, if there was no substance to this any company with their salt would have had a word and had that blog post taken down or countered with a statement. Story quashed.

Soldato
EDIT: I just watched that hardware unboxed video..lol. mentions time after time about failure to attach the cooler correctly for such a heavy cooler. And mounting pressue... Even the cooler came away from the thrrmal pads .. how much more proof is needed that Asus screwed up for some people to realize it wasnt AMD.

See post(s) from @hyperseven above.. :confused::confused::confused: ;)

Soldato
Give them a couple of hours....I'm sure they will come up with something to blame AMD again, LOL.
It's sad how little AMD haters actually know about AIBs in general.

When it comes to custom coolers/designs all that AIBs get from AMD is the GPU die itself. But please tells us more how AMD 'screwed up' the heatsinks :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
It's like trying to help a casual PC user on a technical issue that you know how to fix, but they keep trying to say that your wrong and they know better. You just end up saying OK and let them get on with it.

Just read one of my earlier posts. Asus has a history of underengineered cooling for the FX503,FX504,FX505,GL502 and GL702 notebooks which used Nvidia GPUs. They refused to acknowledge the problems,and they lost a lawsuit over the GL502 last year and had to set aside $12 million towards 25000 people who were affected.

Soldato
Just read one of my earlier posts. Asus has a history of underengineered cooling for the FX503,FX504,FX505,GL502 and GL702 notebooks which used Nvidia GPUs. They refused to acknowledge the problems,and they lost a lawsuit over the GL502 last year and had to set aside $12 million towards 25000 people who were affected.
Please stop making sense :p /jk
No, no it was AMD's fault. You might ask, "What does AMD have to do with Asus and nvidia products". It doesn't matter, it's AMD's fault. "I don't like them so I blame them"<-- pretty much what it comes down to when you view it with any level of critical thinking.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

This might indeed be the case for this situation, but we are talking about something else here.

This is a blatant low effort + high price from Asus. No more, no less.

Soldato
This might indeed be the case for this situation, but we are talking about something else here.

Not necessarily as it's another situation that Asus underengineered a cooling solution and let it's customers suffer. These gaming laptops can cost over £1000 and most people who buy products like that probably are not hardware enthusiasts. The fact they had to be forced by a court to fix it is not very good form, and indicates a lack of testing products before they sell them.

Please stop making sense :p /jk
No, no it was AMD's fault. You might ask, "What does AMD have to do with Asus and nvidia products". It doesn't matter, it's AMD's fault. "I don't like them so I blame them"<-- pretty much what it comes down to when you view it with any level of critical thinking.
They can't even get cool running Nvidia GTX1060 mobile GPUs to not overheat - Nvidia must have not given them proper specifications (not).

Soldato

No NO NO!!! It must be AMD's fault.. grrrrrrrrrrrr <rage>

"I don't like them so I blame them"<-- pretty much what it comes down to when you view it with any level of critical thinking.

Yeah I suppose trying to be objective and weigh up all the facts in this case equates to AMD fanboy. Gotta love them haters.

Soldato

The thing is every step of the way someone jibes in with - its not the partners fault (who also make nvidia products), and also all your evidence is not credible as err because err, oh I just dont process your evidence..

Back
Top Bottom