*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Associate
@FoxEye, it is a bit late now but I was in the same boat as you as a long term customer until the I managed to speak to right person during the Black Friday deals.

Those were available to existing customers but only if you spoke to the correct team, which was the hard part. I just had to extend the contracts again at the new price, so worth keeping an eye out for offers that do say existing customers in the small print.

Caporegime
@FoxEye, it is a bit late now but I was in the same boat as you as a long term customer until the I managed to speak to right person during the Black Friday deals.

Those were available to existing customers but only if you spoke to the correct team, which was the hard part. I just had to extend the contracts again at the new price, so worth keeping an eye out for offers that do say existing customers in the small print.
Well the new Freesat Arris boxes are out end of Feb - if (big if) I get one of those, it will be the last nail in the coffin for me & Sky.

The Sky bundle deals *seem* cheap, until you realise none of them include calls, and none of them include HD, which I would say is pretty essential these days. So you have to add on another £15 to the prices you see.

Frankly I'm not sure we watch enough of the non-free channels to make it worth the cost. The cheapest package I could take from Sky is £55 for bb+phone+basic TV (Sky Entertainment in HD). That's the new-customer price too.

Sadly dearest mama insists on making lots of daytime calls to mobiles, as we have a large extended family and they all use mobiles vs landlines. Without a calls package the phone bill is £20 a month. Might not be a lot to some but I recoil in horror at getting a phone bill like that :p

So far it's NowTV for £30 pm for bb+anytime calls.
Or stay with TT for the same deal (with the bonus of a 24 month contract and fixed prices during)
Or £55 for that + TV from Sky - however Sky's prices are going UP in April this year (by an unknown/unpublished amount).

Soldato
(with the bonus of a 24 month contract and fixed prices during)

Things can change fast, not sure i'd look at a 24 month contract as neccesarily a bonus, prices remain the same sure, but comes at a price - flexibility.

Soldato
Have you checked out the virgin deal, basically all the TV channels inc BT sport, unlimited calls and unlimited sim card and much better broadband. Advertised price is £89 but you can knock em down and £150 bill credit.

Caporegime
Have you checked out the virgin deal, basically all the TV channels inc BT sport, unlimited calls and unlimited sim card and much better broadband. Advertised price is £89 but you can knock em down and £150 bill credit.
No Virgin west of Plymouth (nowhere in Cornwall). Otherwise would have checked them out for sure. Had NTL yonks ago when I live in Swansea...

Associate
@FoxEye, usually I would agree about the deals and without this I would have seriously have considered leaving but £50 per month for all TV (Q Multiroom, HD, Entertainment, Boxsets, Netflix, Movies and Sport). I then finally got a reduction from my old legacy fibre package onto Max which boosted the speed too for £27. Both were re-signed for 18 months but won't stop me extending if a similar offer turns up near the end. I understand you point on the call packages, I am just glad we manage everything through our mobiles now and never get hit for any major extra phone bills.

I do get very annoyed by the constant annual bill increases though, happens with every service and insurer like clockwork these days. You have to waste so much time shopping around as loyalty rarely pays. Sky happens to be the one service I can just about keep in check without leaving with this year being the first major win.

Associate
So disappointed today.

Been paying £49 for entertainment, box sets, kids, cinema, HD, multiroom. Fibre and line rental.

Which I accept is a great offer.

However offer has come to an end. Got offered the usual rubbish to stay so gave notice. Down to a few days left so jumped on chat to see what else can be done.

Best that can be done for the same package is £75. 50% increase... So yeah I'll be leaving.

Soldato
They've offered me garbage, £40 rather than £54, for Sports and Ent only, no mention of Q, HD, multi-room or anything else. They must think I came down in the last shower! :D

I'm leaving come what may, but that's a trash offer. Thier business model, like the BBC's is on its arse and they know it.

Caporegime
So disappointed today.

Been paying £49 for entertainment, box sets, kids, cinema, HD, multiroom. Fibre and line rental.

Which I accept is a great offer.

However offer has come to an end. Got offered the usual rubbish to stay so gave notice. Down to a few days left so jumped on chat to see what else can be done.

Best that can be done for the same package is £75. 50% increase... So yeah I'll be leaving.
£75? That lot without multi-room is £39 currently on their website.

So adding multi-room takes you from £39 to £75? I'd speak to someone else, that sounds like total crap.

e: Even with Netflix and Cinema it's only £53 on the site...

Soldato
£75? That lot without multi-room is £39 currently on their website.

So adding multi-room takes you from £39 to £75? I'd speak to someone else, that sounds like total crap.

e: Even with Netflix and Cinema it's only £53 on the site...

Even before broadband and line rental it's £61 on their website. Pretty sure HD is another £5 at least on top of that.

Caporegime
Even before broadband and line rental it's £61 on their website. Pretty sure HD is another £5 at least on top of that.
Unless the offers have changed in the last couple days, they were doing a bundle for everything (including HD, box-sets, Netflix and Cinema) with fibre bb for £53.

e: You also have to pick the right options on the site so the bundle discount applies.

Sky's site is a bit crap.

Soldato
Sky are sending me postal offers every three weeks to come back to them, varied from £30-£37 for Sky TV, Sports and movies. Load of rubbish, I challenged them and was told I didnt qualify as I had been away more than 18 months. Funny thing is I have been with Sky again for several months now but they still send the offers every 3 weeks. Idiots!

Soldato
Sky are sending me postal offers every three weeks to come back to them, varied from £30-£37 for Sky TV, Sports and movies. Load of rubbish, I challenged them and was told I didnt qualify as I had been away more than 18 months. Funny thing is I have been with Sky again for several months now but they still send the offers every 3 weeks. Idiots!

They wanted £40 P/M just for Ent and Sports...

:D

Soldato
I’m a bit ****** at sky TBH, recontacted in the middle of January and on Friday I get a notification of a price rise, takes the **** a bit 1 month into a contract and “by the way we’re putting your price up”

Soldato
Got the same. Mid-contract price rises are the biggest joke.. law needs changing.
“Oh our costs have increased so we have no choice...”
Have some foresight when contracting people for Christ sake

Caporegime
Got the same. Mid-contract price rises are the biggest joke.. law needs changing.
“Oh our costs have increased so we have no choice...”
Have some foresight when contracting people for Christ sake
It's in the T's and C's you accept. Prices may rise by no more than 10% during your contract.

Soldato
It's in the T's and C's you accept. Prices may rise by no more than 10% during your contract.
If you want premium content these days your basically stuck dealing with it.
Don’t get me wrong I’m well aware the grass is no greener with Virgin or BT but it doesn’t make it right

Back
Top Bottom