Several people shot dead in Hanau, near Frankfurt in Germany

Soldato
There is a big scandal brewing in my town around Hookah bars and grooming.

It might be his reason. But even if it is he shouldn't be shooting people.

If people want to express these thoughts of anger turn to the ballot box and not the gun.

Caporegime
Doesn't seem likely that it is muslim terror related.... not sure why people are hoping it will be down to one group or another though, bit odd.

Caporegime
Sure hope there isn't any victim blaming on this thread ;)

Anyway, now that it's confirmed what the motive is, I expect the BND's far-right lists are being combed through for an operation in due course, as a show that the German institutions wont tolerate it.

Last edited:
Soldato
You might have missed a word out of your post. Did you mean you hope this isn't Muslim terror related?

"Muslim terror related" could mean 2 things:

1) terror related activities perpetrated by Muslims, and
2) terror related activities perpetrated against Muslims.

I assume number 2 was the intended meaning.

Caveat: maybe it could mean other things, I can only think of 2!

Soldato
R.I.P to the victims thank god the German police arrested a lot of these far right nut jobs, who were planning attacks not long ago it could have been so much worse.

Capodecina
Soldato
. . . there will be a lot of racists upset if it is a white man. . . .
I think that it is perhaps too simplistic here to talk about "racists", "white supremacists" and even xenophobes. I think that what we are talking about here is people who are resistant to / frightened of change.

They feel quite comfortable knowing that the nearest they will come to anyone or anything different is taking a chance by going to an Indian or Chinese restaurant but if someone comes along who looks a bit different from them, speaks differently, has a different outlook on life, has different values or God forbid - speaks a language that they can't understand, they are quite simply terrified.

Despite the words of John Donne and Paul Simon, there are people who do believe that they are in fact islands, untroubled by change and they want to keep it that way.

Back
Top Bottom