Security guard (The Brighton cat killer) to face trial over spate of fatal attacks on cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
BB10c1Ge.jpg

"A security guard will face a jury over allegations of criminal damage after nine cats were killed in a spate of nighttime attacks in the Brighton area.

Seven more cats were seriously injured in the string of crimes that left the local community shocked and searching for answers.

The attacks are alleged to have taken place in and around the centre of the East Sussex city, many of them close to Brighton Railway Station.

Steve Bouquet, 53, appeared at Hove Crown Court on Thursday wearing a black leather jacket over a black shirt and black jeans."

BB10c60i.jpg

"Bouquet, of Rose Hill Terrace in Brighton, East Sussex, denies 16 counts of criminal damage and one of possession of a knife.

Judge Paul Tain told Bouquet that he will face trial on September 14 2020, with the case set to last up to two weeks.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has said the criminal damage charges did not detract from the seriousness of the allegations.

The charges relate to incidents between October 2 2018 and June 1 2019.

Cats and other animals are considered as property under legislation, and criminal damage can attract a heavier sentence than animal cruelty."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/cour...fatal-attacks-on-cats-in-brighton/ar-BB10c1Gr

Soldato
If he's found guilty, I hope they put him somewhere he lives to regret, every day of his life... perhaps even several times a day.

Steve Bouquet, 53, appeared at Hove Crown Court on Thursday wearing a black leather jacket over a black shirt and black jeans."
Not that I see how it's in any way important what he wore... but how come the images show a dude in a white shirt?

Permabanned
OP
Well, this is wrong. Robbery has a maximum sentence of life but is rarely given whereas Murder is a mandatory life sentence.

You rob a bank and you get 20 years and will do 20 years.

You kill someone in the street and you get life which when I was growing up (70-80's) was 14 years but you could be a good boy and get out in 10, today you could be out in as little as 8 years.

I do not agree with it BTW.

Soldato
Animal cruelty should be considered a major crime, with sentences of up to over ten years imo.

Agreed, should be even longer if you kill an animal.

I mean frankly, anyone who can so callously take the life of an innocent defenseless animal is clearly not right in the head, and would certainly pose a danger to the wider public.

Associate
You rob a bank and you get 20 years and will do 20 years.

You kill someone in the street and you get life which when I was growing up (70-80's) was 14 years but you could be a good boy and get out in 10, today you could be out in as little as 8 years.

I do not agree with it BTW.

Are these numbers based on actual sentences or are they just made up? If you got 20 years for robbing a bank you would serve 10 years in prison and 10 years on licence. Unless theres a reason for that licence to be revoked.

When given a life sentence you also get a minimum term spent in prison. The average prisoner given a life sentence spends 16.5 years in prison. That was from 2018 stats.

Soldato
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom