Best Android OS on a budget Android?

Soldato
Main phones are iPhones but I have picked up a budget Android for work purposes (calls, emails, odd browsing). I think it is running Oreo at the moment but just wondering if there is a basic non bloat OS that would be good to run on a basic Android? It’s. Quad core A60 but only 1GB ram.

Should I just stick to the firmware already on the phone or can anyone recommend a non bloat OS I could root/update to?

Cheers

Associate
There aren't any generic ones that will work on any phone so you'll have to hunt out one for your phone. XDA forums are generally good for this type of thing.

If you do want to debloat and there aren't roms you might find you'll have to root and then just manually get rid of anything that you know you don't need.

Soldato
The phone will still be an actual model but just rebranded as a generic so find out the model first then see it you can get a lineageos for it.

Soldato
OP
Ok will have a look over on XDA, it’s the BlackView A60. As say wasn’t too fussed about specs as long as does the job calls texts emails.

Soldato
Ok will have a look over on XDA, it’s the BlackView A60. As say wasn’t too fussed about specs as long as does the job calls texts emails.

Looks like lineageos will work. It's definately bloat free as you can get. You might get up to 15% better battery life, maybe more. You'll have to install a custom recovery like twrp first.

https://www.getdroidtips.com/custom-rom-blackview-a60/

Back
Top Bottom