**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Soldato
There is a noticeable difference on the OnePlus 7T Pro. I'm not sure if it's their implementation or what. Now there's absolutely no difference in sharpness I agree however when I set my 7t Pro to FHD the font sizes all go up a notch. I tend to run with the smallest font available so I can fit as much as possible on the screen. So that's one drawback in changing resolution.
On Samsung this sometimes happens when the app hasn't been closed since the resolution change. Once the app is closed and opened again the text size returns to normal

Soldato
people fussed about native res and 120hz are silly.

that res is pointless on a screen that size.
Although yesterday there was a video on an updated software version with the 120hz working at max resolution.. So we may not need to compromise after all.

Caporegime
I keep seeing these Samsung phones come year on year, being tempted by camera, then seeing the price and what I pay now and I just can't do it.

All I care about on a phone is a camera. And as expected the ultra is the one with the best cameras.

I'm not bothered about 5g, 120hz screens etc.
In fact all I really want from my s7 is a better camera

It isn't slow, the screen is fine. 4g is all I need.
I can only see 5g as useful if you tether

The zoom is really appealing. But it's not 1000 pounds appealing

Last edited:
Soldato
The zoom is really appealing. But it's not 1000 pounds appealing

1199 pounds appealing you meant to say, or 1399 for a bit of extra RAM and storage :)

The Huawei P30 Pro occasionally pops up at a low low price if you want a phone with a decent camera and lots of zoom.

Associate
Looks like review units are now officially in hands.

So expect some more S20 content over next few days, Android Police for example have posted some camera samples

Soldato
Just been looking at the photos and I'm like 'that it?'

Am I the only person ?

what exactly are you expecting ? I mean the pictures there are very good for the sensor size etc they're great, for something that'll sit in your pocket all the time its actually hard to believe how far we've came.

Soldato
People will knock anything :)

When something is 1200 quid and sold on the basis of how amazing the "100x zoom" camera is, people will have high expectations.

I hope the final product sets a new bar for camera phones, but I'm waiting to see some proper reviews. What I've seen so far looks ok-to-good, but I've seen plenty of decent low-light shots from other phones.

Back
Top Bottom