What have you done to your car today?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Thermostat replaced in the A6, along with the cambelt, water pump and service the other week. Should keep the old girl running for another 10 years! Or when they ban Euro 4 diesels; whatever comes first :p

Caporegime
Went to get my two front tyres re-seated because they were going flat over a period of a couple of weeks, so I thought the beads might be corroded.

Turns out I have two ruptured inner sidewalls and one buckled alloy...

The only consolation is that the garage felt bad for me so didn't charge me despite removing and inspecting the tyres, scrubbing up the beads, re-mounting them and re-balancing them. So that was cool of them.

Two new tyres ordered. :p

Soldato
Took my car to a local garage to have my coolant leak sorted. Confirmed it was the radiator, and £285 later it's all sorted. I'm happy with that since Ford wanted about £480 for the part alone. It was also the first time I've used this garage and they seemed really good, so I'll definitely use them again.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Got the valve cover gasket changed on the Caliber. £13 for the part and £16 for the labour, one of the few advantages of owning one :p
The £16 Labour is the bit that we can only dream about in England, I’ll pass on the Caliber though :p

Soldato
Bit the bullet today an tried to get out and give the C63 a wash. Did the wheels but only managed a quick touchless wash with snowfoam and rinse on the body work. Too cold and windy today but weather has been horrendous recently and just wanted to get some road grime and salt off.

Booked in for MOT next week and looking at rear tyres ahead of that. Currently has Pilot Sport 4's (not 4S) and had them on the E46 but tempted to give a pair of Goodyear Eagle Assymetric 5's a go. Costco currently got an offer on too so would be less £100 a corner fitted? :)

Soldato
Changed the oil pressure sensor on the fabia.

Still getting an intermittent oil warning light & beep. Going to change the oil filter in the morning to eliminate it as the problem only started after its service & I've read its a known problem with the filter being overtightned

Soldato
So this past week in the E92:
  • Reached 100,000 miles
  • Developed a misfire on cylinder 6, ended up being an ignition coil, £70 parts and fitting from local garage and perfect now.
  • Fitted a petrol cap wire as it was missing, took 6 weeks to arrive...
  • Changed the drivers side cup holder as mine decided it didn't want to retract back in all the way, over engineered 2000's German design, much prefer the fixed cup holders in modern Beemers.

Soldato
Serviced my A6 yesterday.

F15VSBw.jpg

All parts from TPS. They're barely any more expensive than pattern parts.

1qDwxAW.jpg

Found the sump was leaking a little through the flange seal, so I dropped that to clean and re-seal. Was pleased to see there was no foreign objects in there. Although surprising how much oil remains in there even after draining it, which is really quite annoying.

qxrhQ4d.jpg
SryKGPW.jpg

All done for another year. First time I'd serviced it in my ownership so gave it a thorough look over, seems to be in really good condition.

28XQEp7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom