Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Associate
I've currently got a Carmine Red 718 Cayman S (PDK) and have ordered the new 4.0 Cayman GTS in Python Green to replace it. I honestly find the Turbo 4 cylinder to be plenty effective in a daily driver but the a NA engine with a manual box should be a lot more special for just going out for a drive. I don't have a delivery date yet but I'm looking forward to it now after seeing the reviews! :D

Soldato
also, is the GT4 still hard to get hold of? my dealer my be able to give me a allocation but I don't know if I really want one, however If I can get one years free motoring I may think about it.

Commissario
also, is the GT4 still hard to get hold of? my dealer my be able to give me a allocation but I don't know if I really want one, however If I can get one years free motoring I may think about it.
I think they’re not exactly available but worth asking your dealer. A lot of cars being flipped on at silly prices too sadly.

Soldato
any other options worth adding?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PL1QAPN1

also on a side note. given the new 718GTS is a 4.0 na car I assume the 992, 911 GTS will also be a 4.0na car. That would be my dream car I think

Looks decent.

Saw one in that colour at OPC Silverstone yesterday. Quite decent looking but not as wow S I had expected.

They had a nice GT3 RS there and a yellow GT4 :D

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Another in the year GTS and the cheapest bill to date from the OPC.

£54.85 for a MOT

I can't quiet believe that the Cayman GTS will be 5 years old tomorrow and it was a Sunday I collected it as well.

PTS / Buckets are still not a option on the 992, so the wait was continunes. I was asked if I was interesed in a 4.0 GTS but I am all set on the 992 now.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
any other options worth adding?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PL1QAPN1

also on a side note. given the new 718GTS is a 4.0 na car I assume the 992, 911 GTS will also be a 4.0na car. That would be my dream car I think

Ive got a invite to the launch event at the OPC for this, so I am temped to pop down fore the evening.

The 4.0lt was released due to backlash on the 2.0/2.5 engines and also sales where down according to my dealer as well.

Soldato
Another in the year GTS and the cheapest bill to date from the OPC.

£54.85 for a MOT

I can't quiet believe that the Cayman GTS will be 5 years old tomorrow and it was a Sunday I collected it as well.

PTS / Buckets are still not a option on the 992, so the wait was continunes. I was asked if I was interesed in a 4.0 GTS but I am all set on the 992 now.

I've got my first mot coming up in April, if I could get away with £50, I'll be over the moon.

Have you replaced your discs and pads at all? That's my only real concern re future costs, I know the OPCs like to coin it in on simple maintenance like that.

I think I would consider the 4.0 gts in time, the Cayman is just the right 'size' for me right now. Its light, communicative and easy on bills (so far). I've tried the 992 but I think I prefer the n/a 991, maybe when the wee one is older and I need the back seat.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Have you replaced your discs and pads at all?

Mines runs PCCBs, so they are good for 100K+ Miles, so I can't comment on that. If they need to be replaced, its cheaper for me to buy a new car.

992 will be my upgrade, well they already have the order for it its just dependant on PTS / Buckets.

Soldato
You must be pretty happy if the PCCBs have lasted over the last 5 years? One of my close friends chipped one of his discs on his GT4, this was within the first month and with no track days. The OPC wouldn't replace it, so it was a worry on his mind the entire time he had the car.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I wasn't expecting any less, as I had a number of discussions with a number of drivers from the PEC at Silverstone over them. However, things do happen, so I also make sure I was fully aware of the costs before committing to them.

Even on my new car, I have PCCB's spec'ed again.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
The GT4 would be too raw for me in either form, but the new GTS would be a nice place to go from my 981CS. Problem is, I've specced my GTS and it comes in at £75K+ without going mental. At that price though I'd be looking at the 991 GTS.

That sounds about right, mine new was £79,001.00. I have no idea where the 1 pound came from... :p:D

Associate
Gents,

Your thoughts please, where do you see GT4 - 981 residuals in next 12 and 24 months? high spec, PTS, PCCB, Clubsport, mileage circa 6,000 miles after another 12 months and say 9,000 after another 24 months.

https://imgur.com/a/BfbXtjt

Done it! Little to no update from me (bought it nearly a year ago) but here it is, at its home! Awesome little thing!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom