Things I don't like (TIDL) thread

Man of Honour
Those who say haitch instead of aitch and draws instead of drawers.

I pulled my wife up one too many times on the H thing,
she spelt something out, e.g. hat, “haitch a tee.”
I said, “Wrong, it’s aitch a tee.”
She replied “b*****ks, did I get that right?”

Permabanned
How you said your H's in Northern Ireland usually dictated where you were educated and since education was segregated meant it dictated your political and religious leaning. Aitch, Protestant and haitch, Catholic.

Associate
Urgshh. The person who invented the hateful Caps-Lock key in the first place! :mad:

Most useless key on the keyboard. Very easy to hit when going for the A and there never seems to be an edit selection "Change Caps to lower text"

Is there an easy way of disabling it?

Highlight word, shift+f3.

Magic.

Permabanned
People who dont use ctrl+v for pasting but instead right click and hit paste....

Larry Tesler, an icon of early computing, has died at the age of 74.

Mr Tesler started working in Silicon Valley in the early 1960s, at a time when computers were inaccessible to the vast majority of people.

It was thanks to his innovations - which included the "cut", "copy" and "paste" commands - that the personal computer became simple to learn and use.

Xerox, where Mr Tesler spent part of his career, paid tribute to him.

"The inventor of cut/copy & paste, find & replace, and more, was former Xerox researcher Larry Tesler," the company tweeted. "Your workday is easier thanks to his revolutionary ideas."

Mr Tesler was born in the Bronx, New York, in 1945, and studied at Stanford University in California.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51567695

Man of Honour
Audi drivers, I would bring in Saturday football stadium executions for those people

This I don’t understand, I’ve never owned an Audi, but on occasion I’ve ended up with one when renting on arrival at various German airports, I drove those rental Audis in exactly the same way that I drove my wife’s succession of mid to large size Fiats, and her current Peugeot 2008, or the Black Cabs that I owned when working.
I drove probably a tad in excess of the speed limit, but I kept to the right hand lane, (on German autobahns), and to the left lane in U.K., if I overtook any vehicle, I moved back to lane 1 as soon as I could.
In short, I went from A to B as quickly and safely as possible, and aimed to get there without causing interference with anyone.
For this you want to execute me in a football stadium?

Soldato
This I don’t understand, I’ve never owned an Audi, but on occasion I’ve ended up with one when renting on arrival at various German airports, I drove those rental Audis in exactly the same way that I drove my wife’s succession of mid to large size Fiats, and her current Peugeot 2008, or the Black Cabs that I owned when working.
I drove probably a tad in excess of the speed limit, but I kept to the right hand lane, (on German autobahns), and to the left lane in U.K., if I overtook any vehicle, I moved back to lane 1 as soon as I could.
In short, I went from A to B as quickly and safely as possible, and aimed to get there without causing interference with anyone.
Sounds like you deserve it to be honest.

Associate
People who smash keyboards when typing, on the train/at the office, the desk vibrates.

I am going to sit in a quiet zone, plug in my earpods and type like a maniac. Press delete lots of times whilst I procrastinate.

Paper rustlers, free paper in the morning, I will flick through every page (and repeat).

Associate

You might have thought that you were driving like that, but you were probably cutting everyone up and making ****** signs without even realising.

Man of Honour
You might have thought that you were driving like that, but you were probably cutting everyone up and making ****** signs without even realising.

I never made any kind of signs at other drivers, save for the occasional arms held out ahead, palms raised up, and mouthing FFS at someone who couldn’t make their minds up.
I may have quite often undertaken a line of vehicles while doing 40-45 mph in Park Lane when driving a Black Cab, but as very few regular car drivers seem able to read the road, it was the only way to make progress.
In a car though, I was a paragon of virtue, absolutely faultless, giving way when it was the right thing to do, always indicating and observing prior to switching lanes, but when negotiating l’Étoile, at the Arc de Triomphe, all bets were off, it was “Who Dares Wins.”

Soldato
I never made any kind of signs at other drivers, save for the occasional arms held out ahead, palms raised up, and mouthing FFS at someone who couldn’t make their minds up.
I may have quite often undertaken a line of vehicles while doing 40-45 mph in Park Lane when driving a Black Cab, but as very few regular car drivers seem able to read the road, it was the only way to make progress.
In a car though, I was a paragon of virtue, absolutely faultless, giving way when it was the right thing to do, always indicating and observing prior to switching lanes, but when negotiating l’Étoile, at the Arc de Triomphe, all bets were off, it was “Who Dares Wins.”
@Bear, get the gun. :D

Back
Top Bottom